UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: DorothyM Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37143  
Subject: Cleaning Tips #2 (windows & walls) Date: 2/14/2001 10:43 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
"Movin' on up"

The best wall cleaner
Combine 1/2 cup ammonia, 1/4 cup vinegar, 1/4 cup washing soda and 1 gallon warm water

The best window cleaner
Add 1/2 cup ammonia, 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch to a bucket of warm water for a perfect window-washing solution

Note: This little booklet seems to have been an insert in a magazine (probably Woman's Day or Family Circle) and I found a date of 1980. It's no wonder it's faded and torn. When I look back to 1980 I have to admit that in comparison to what I was then, I'm a trifle faded and torn myself.

Happy window washing...

>^..^<
Print the post Back To Top
Author: phantomdiver Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2336 of 37143
Subject: Re: Cleaning Tips #2 (windows & walls) Date: 2/14/2001 10:47 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Maybe this is a stupid question, but where do you get washing soda?

phantomdiver

Author: DorothyM Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2337 of 37143
Subject: Re: Cleaning Tips #2 (windows & walls) Date: 2/14/2001 11:28 AM
Recommendations: 0
It's in the section with detergents -- made by Arm & Hammer, I pay $2.29 for a 3 lb. 7 oz. box in New York City, so it's pretty inexpensive. Yellow box.

I add it to my laundry at the same time as detergent 1/2 cup to 1 cup (amounts on box).

From the box:

For our booklet on laundry and other household cleaning tips, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to

Super Washing Soda
ARM & HAMMER DIVISION
Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
P.O. Box 7648
Princeton, NY 08543-7648

>^..^<

Author: ogrecat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2338 of 37143
Subject: Re: Cleaning Tips #2 (windows & walls) Date: 2/14/2001 11:29 AM
Recommendations: 0
Maybe this is a stupid question, but where do you get washing soda?

Grocery store, with other laundry additives.

Author: FiddleDeeDee Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2339 of 37143
Subject: Re: Cleaning Tips #2 (windows & walls) Date: 2/14/2001 12:19 PM
Recommendations: 3
Thanks for posting all these cleaning tips! I found the Arm and Hammer site for more tips:

http://www.armhammer.com/FrontPorch/fs.htm

Andrea

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement