UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: notablelaggard Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1949420  
Subject: Clear slow-mo shot of Romney cheating at debate Date: 10/9/2012 4:33 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 29
The agreed upon rules are that "No props, notes, charts, diagrams, or
other writings or other tangible things may be brought into the debate
by any candidate."

Of course, Romney is the Great Exception to all social agreements and, as
such, no such rules apply to him and cheating and lying are a-ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQZ5_qdHLV8&feature=playe...

what a disgusting liar.

nl
Print the post Back To Top
Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822395 of 1949420
Subject: Re: Clear slow-mo shot of Romney cheating at deb Date: 10/9/2012 6:56 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Catch up. Even the wacko lefty sites that accused him of this the day after the debate admit that it is a handkerchief.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822400 of 1949420
Subject: Re: Clear slow-mo shot of Romney cheating at deb Date: 10/9/2012 8:01 AM
Recommendations: 0
Catch up. Even the wacko lefty sites that accused him of this the day after the debate admit that it is a handkerchief.

On a scale of 1-10, eviscerating a candidate for writing notes on his hanky, when there was no problem carrying notes to the podium, has to rate somewhere in the high 90s

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822404 of 1949420
Subject: Re: Clear slow-mo shot of Romney cheating at deb Date: 10/9/2012 8:18 AM
I don't think that they were supposed to bring notes at all. But only if you don't watch the actual debate can you imagine that Romney depended even .000000000001% on any hand written notes.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822406 of 1949420
Subject: Re: Clear slow-mo shot of Romney cheating at deb Date: 10/9/2012 8:20 AM
Recommendations: 6
I think it was a folded handkerchief.

He didn't win on notes. He won on boldly stated lies and a weak moderator.

Ken

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822407 of 1949420
Subject: Re: Clear slow-mo shot of Romney cheating at deb Date: 10/9/2012 8:23 AM
I don't think that they were supposed to bring notes at all. But only if you don't watch the actual debate can you imagine that Romney depended even .000000000001% on any hand written notes.

Your right, I got crossed up with the they can take notes.

No I can't imagine given the command of the wide range of facts ROmney displayed that he used notes.

On the other hand, I can not see why we would not want candidates to have notes. What purpose does it serve to test their memory as opposed to test their actual points, and if it takes some notes to verify a point -- why is that a problem?

Author: FCorelli Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822493 of 1949420
Subject: Re: Clear slow-mo shot of Romney cheating at deb Date: 10/9/2012 12:05 PM
Recommendations: 1
I think it was a folded handkerchief.

Ken

Looks like that to me too BUT if Dipwad could write her notes on her hand it's not a stretch for him to have some cheaters on a hanky

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822496 of 1949420
Subject: Re: Clear slow-mo shot of Romney cheating at deb Date: 10/9/2012 12:07 PM

No... just boldly stated lies.

Lehrer was simply following the rules that both candidates had agreed upon.

I think there is a problem with allowing candidates to make the debate rules- but that's a different story.

Author: mbarr Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822530 of 1949420
Subject: Re: Clear slow-mo shot of Romney cheating at deb Date: 10/9/2012 12:50 PM

No... just boldly stated lies.

Lehrer was simply following the rules that both candidates had agreed upon.

I think there is a problem with allowing candidates to make the debate rules- but that's a different story.

Can't we just agree that it was the altitude?

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822685 of 1949420
Subject: Re: Clear slow-mo shot of Romney cheating at deb Date: 10/9/2012 5:52 PM

I agree. This should be done by standard debating rules. Nothing to agree to, no special cases. Very rigid, no-nonsense standard debating.

I doubt there were notes on the hanky...I don't think he even tries to remember his lies. He just makes up new ones on the fly. Shake that etch-a-sketch and say something new. He's counting on the public being too dumb to notice, and what's scary is he may be right about that.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822686 of 1949420
Subject: Re: Clear slow-mo shot of Romney cheating at deb Date: 10/9/2012 5:55 PM
I doubt there were notes on the hanky...

I think that there was one " If the President starts doing so badly that he starts to drool, offer him this" Luckily for Obama it ended before that happened.

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822744 of 1949420
Subject: Re: Clear slow-mo shot of Romney cheating at deb Date: 10/9/2012 8:14 PM
You lefties are a riot! The only thing on that "prop" was maybe snot.

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822751 of 1949420
Subject: Re: Clear slow-mo shot of Romney cheating at deb Date: 10/9/2012 8:34 PM
Recommendations: 2
You lefties are a riot! The only thing on that "prop" was maybe snot.

--------------------

It doesn't matter what was on the handkerchief.
The rules stated they could bring nothing.
I will concede that it's ok to have a handkerchief in your pocket - but not immediately removed and laid before you on the podium.
If he needed to wipe his brow or blow his nose during the debate, he could have removed the handkerchief at that time, used it, and returned it to his pocket.

Rules are there for a reason. To protect oneself, it is in one's best interest to follow them.

AM

Author: mbarr Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822816 of 1949420
Subject: Re: Clear slow-mo shot of Romney cheating at deb Date: 10/10/2012 8:29 AM
It doesn't matter what was on the handkerchief.
The rules stated they could bring nothing.
I will concede that it's ok to have a handkerchief in your pocket - but not immediately removed and laid before you on the podium.
If he needed to wipe his brow or blow his nose during the debate, he could have removed the handkerchief at that time, used it, and returned it to his pocket.

Wait, which pocket is OK to have a handkerchief in? Just the jacket? How about the pants? Is a tissue OK? What about a handi-wipe? Next thing you know that cheating bastard is going to have a scientific calculator to demonstrate how many jobs haven't been created in the last four years. When will the madness end?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement