UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RaplhCramden Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 274  
Subject: cluster, relpax, oxygen Date: 9/27/2006 8:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Just found this board today. I get cluster headaches for about 2 weeks a year. In my case they are typically 1 or 2 hours a day for the 2 week duration. No straightforward association with a particular time of year, and the clusters differ from each other: in some clusters the headache is every night at 8 PM, in others at a different time.

I was surprised to see no mention of relpax or oxygen for possible relief. I have used Relpax and it seems to work if I take it when the headache is just barely starting: it progresses less deeply and much faster. I haven't tried oxygen yet, but a lot of cluster sufferers seem to get relief. I would imagine it is a relatively inexpensive solution.

For a lot of you who call your headaches migraines but get them with great regularity, you might want to consider if they are cluster, and/or consider trying oxygen since it is low cost. I thought my headaches were migraine (and even had a useless doctor call them 'atypical migraine') until I found out about cluster headaches.

Also, there is a great resource at http://www.ouch-us.org/index.shtml with lots of info on headaches, headache treatments, etc.

Good luck to all of you,
R:)ph
Print the post Back To Top
Author: VodounGroove Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 273 of 274
Subject: Re: cluster, relpax, oxygen Date: 9/27/2006 11:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I know I've had cluster headaches in the past, but these days they're definitely migraines. I've heard of Relpax, but never tried it. What kind of med is it, and is it just for clusters? I've thought of looking into meds other than Imitrex - I'd like to have LASIK one day, but as I understand it Imitrex and LASIK don't play well together, and I get menstrual migraines. So I know I won't be migraine-free until menopause. But if Relpax or another med play nice with LASIK and work as well as Imitrex...

Thanks for the info!

Kaiti

Author: khhhch One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 274 of 274
Subject: Re: cluster, relpax, oxygen Date: 10/4/2006 3:58 PM
My neurologist last month re-diagnosed my cluster headaches as rapid-onset migraines (I'm not really satisfied with the reasons he did so, but he's an excellent doctor and as long as he's able to treat them successfully I don't actually care). Imitrex still works quite well for me most of the time, even though it's limited to 2 shots per day. I'm on preventive medication as well. Glad you've found something that works for you. I appreciate receiving the HeadWay newsletter; the July 21 issue discussed Cluster. http://www.relieve-migraine-headache.com/HeadWay-backissues.html

Kathy

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement