UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: UberNerd2 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 6186  
Subject: Cochlear- COH Date: 4/12/2008 9:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I tried in vain to find an ADR for this.
BofNY doesn't list one, nor do any other ADR lists i've found so far.

However, a quick search of the Marketwatch symbol look-up got me CHEOF.

I'm not positive this is Choclear LTD, even though the company is listed as Cochlear LTD and the price and chart do come pretty close to squaring up with COH's chart.

Unfortunately, i know that a lot of financial data can be just plain wrong!

Does anyone know if CHEOF is indeed COH? If so, do you know who the ADR is through?

No financial data is reported for CHEOF other than a chart.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: UberNerd2 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6154 of 6186
Subject: Re: Cochlear- COH Date: 4/12/2008 9:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Sorry... Freudian finger slip there... Choclear LTD is probably Willy Wonka's factory.

Author: XMFMYCROFT One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6155 of 6186
Subject: Re: Cochlear- COH Date: 4/12/2008 11:30 PM
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=CHEOF.PK

Good stock, my research has it fully valued at $83 US so you have a good thing going there.

Good Luck,

MYCROFT

Author: peterxyz Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6156 of 6186
Subject: Re: Cochlear- COH Date: 4/13/2008 5:32 AM
To the best of my knowledge Cochlear don't have an ADR - from the ticker it looks more like a pink sheet listing.

Their growth is looking quite uneven - the price has come down, but always looks very sensitive to disappointment.

peter xyz

Author: peterxyz Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6157 of 6186
Subject: Re: Cochlear- COH Date: 4/13/2008 8:51 AM
Mycroft,

interested in how you get US$83 - that's nearly twice the current price ( A$53-ish and AUD/USD cross of 0.92 ). Not saying I don't like the company you understand, just trying to see how you get to the figure.

peter xyz

Author: XMFMYCROFT One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6158 of 6186
Subject: Re: Cochlear- COH Date: 4/13/2008 2:57 PM
>>Mycroft,

interested in how you get US$83 - that's nearly twice the current price ( A$53-ish and AUD/USD cross of 0.92 ). Not saying I don't like the company you understand, just trying to see how you get to the figure.<<

My research is based on patterns that I discovered in analyzing the purchases that Warren Buffett made on behalf of BerkShire Hathaway from 1972-2008. From those patterns I created 10 original ratios and then combined those ratios into what I call the FireRock Element.

This Element is the results of 300 calculations and relies on such things and Price to Free Cash Flow, ROIC. It took me 20 years to create my system and I have had some great success using it.

The system rewards companies with high return on capital along with low debt and punishes those with huge debt and slow growth rates.

Incorporated in there are Fisher Quantitative/Qualitative analysis such as ROE and Net Profit Margins.

So COH has

ROIC of 30%
NPM of 22%
ROE of 48%

Though COH is growing at only 15% its return on invested capital employed is amazing with just $5 per share of LT Debt.

My research has COH selling at 2/3rds of what a private investor would need to come in and buy the whole company.

There is a ton of hidden value in COH that traditional measures don't see. My system has it valued such because it runs on a different set of tracks.

Hope that helps,

MYCROFT

Author: borborigmi One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6159 of 6186
Subject: Re: Cochlear- COH Date: 4/13/2008 10:30 PM
http://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=267273

Author: Ubernerd Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6160 of 6186
Subject: Re: Cochlear- COH Date: 4/14/2008 1:36 PM
Thanx 4 all the background, folks.

Getting back to the original question though:

Does anyone know if CHEOF is indeed COH?

I mean, i've learned a lot about COH, but if i can't trade it in my US account, it does me no good (only knowledge that is implemented is power)!

Author: XMFMYCROFT One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6161 of 6186
Subject: Re: Cochlear- COH Date: 4/15/2008 12:26 AM
>>I mean, i've learned a lot about COH, but if i can't trade it in my US account, it does me no good (only knowledge that is implemented is power)! <<

Maybe you should try a new broker then;

http://individuals.interactivebrokers.com/en/main.php

There you go, now you have the power to go along with your knowledge ;-)

Good Luck,

MYCROFT

Author: peterxyz Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6163 of 6186
Subject: Re: Cochlear- COH Date: 7/5/2008 4:50 PM
time to take another look at Cochlear - its been trading as low as A$43 and now at A$45

peterxyz

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement