No. of Recommendations: 0
Coincidence, I'm sure.

Cue Dope: It all makes perfect sense!
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Can we just carve Alabama out of the union and set it adrift in that big big ocean that Trump talked about? The worst.
According to a tally by AL.com columnist John Archibald, eight of the 10 Alabama counties with the highest percentage of non-white registered voters saw their driver’s license offices closed.

Coincidence, I'm sure.
Coincidence, I'm sure.

Cue Dope: It all makes perfect sense!
time for 21st century freedom riders. Drivers from every state to go into rural Alabama (and elsewhere) and take people without transportation to get their driver's licenses/voter IDs. I wish I were in a position to do something myself, but all I can do is take my own disabled & non-driving family members to get their siht done, including at the DMV.

I think of myself as just an averagely good person, nothing extraordinary. I cannot imagine stopping my political opposition from voting--I just wish they'd vote for the candidates I prefer. How did we become such an evil people??
No. of Recommendations: 3
AL has done a pretty good job of that all by itself.

http://www.newsweek.com/alabama-un-poverty-environmental-rac...
A United Nations official investigating poverty in the United States was shocked at the level of environmental degradation in some areas of rural Alabama, saying he had never seen anything like it in the developed world.

"I think it's very uncommon in the First World. This is not a sight that one normally sees. I'd have to say that I haven't seen this," Philip Alston, the U.N.'s Special Rapporteur on extreme poverty and human rights, told Connor Sheets of AL.com earlier this week as they toured a community in Butler County where "raw sewage flows from homes through exposed PVC pipes and into open trenches and pits."

The tour through Alabama's rural communities is part of a two-week investigation by the U.N. on poverty and human rights abuses in the United States. So far, U.N. investigators have visited cities and towns in California and Alabama, and will soon travel to Puerto Rico, Washington, D.C., and West Virginia.

Maybe statehood should be based on meeting and maintaining a certain level in standard of living in the state. If a state doesn't meet the standards, it loses voting Congressional representation until it does meet the standard.

PF
Maybe statehood should be based on meeting and maintaining a certain level in standard of living in the state. If a state doesn't meet the standards, it loses voting Congressional representation until it does meet the standard.

Unfortunately, such a standard could easily be gamed.
According to a tally by AL.com columnist John Archibald, eight of the 10 Alabama counties with the highest percentage of non-white registered voters saw their driver’s license offices closed.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What do the courts have to say about this?
I think of myself as just an averagely good person, nothing extraordinary. I cannot imagine stopping my political opposition from voting--I just wish they'd vote for the candidates I prefer. How did we become such an evil people??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every person gets to choose who they want to vote for. Sometimes our candidate wins, and sometimes our candidate loses. That doesn't make anyone evil, it just means more people wanted it one way then the other.
What do the courts have to say about this?

These are not legal problems but political problems. The large number of decent republicans blindly believing or willingly overlooking few rotten ones among them, and willingly elect those rotten ones.

I think democrats instead of focusing on faux issues, should focus on real issues. They are so focused on abortion and gay rights and seems to ignore most other issues, especially their staunch defense of Clinton had eroded their ability to have any moral arguments against Republicans.

Democrats can feel good about their moral superiority but that is not shared or even scantly acknowledged by republicans. Something democrats need to think. No point in denigrating them, think how you can convince them.

All democrats can do is lose Al Franken for his stupidity with adult woman, and in the meantime, the President of the United States urging why we should elect someone like Roy Moore. Even pedophiles have the decency of not invoking God to defend their actions. Roy Moore and his defenders are beneath that. And democrats are losing to such people.

Think about it.
>I think democrats instead of focusing on faux issues, should focus on real issues. They are so focused on abortion and gay rights and seems to ignore most other issues,

Why do you say that abortion and gay rights are not real issues?

Peter
No. of Recommendations: 1

They are real issues for sure. But they are not the only issues. Say for ex, while I sympathize with those issues, at times it seems democrats don't talk anything else besides that. Talking about that basically paints democrats in Red states in a box and it plays to Republicans advantage. There is no turning the clock back on Gay rights and same thing with abortion. But democrats in my view had successfully allowed conservatives and republicans to turn the clock on abortion issue.

How can a society move forward, become more smarter, intelligent and simultaneously become more stupid, believe factually incorrect things.
No. of Recommendations: 3
What would be examples of "faux issues"?

What are the important issues?

For me:

1) The US is trailing most of the developed world in quality of education.

2) The US is trailing in advanced infrastructure.

3) The rich are getting richer at the expense of the poor and middle-class.

4) A serious illness in the US is financially terrifying.

5) The federal government (under the control of the GOP) is willing to increase the deficit in order to cut taxes on the rich.

Peter
What are the important issues?

But the major, massive Tax cut is being written in congress and democrats managed to turn the conversation into sexual behavior. Look, I am not saying that is not an important issue. But why now? I mean democrats defended Bill Clinton for multiple decades and suddenly they find religion on this issue??

have McConnell disregarded all norms and stalled a year on a supreme court nominee gambling on Trump and democrats managed to force Al Franken resign over some grouping allegation and managed to lose one vote.

You have to wonder whether democrats even understand the basics of politics.

Democrats don't serve their constituency they are focused on symbolic useless faux issues. For me, gay rights, abortion rights, #metoo are faux issues. I can live with all of them. But not without healthcare, or paying so much in taxes or losing social security, medicare, medicaid.

But hey who cares, we democrats will do lip service and will fight very seriously some comedian thought it was funny to pose as grouping when a woman soldier is sleeping. And your competition is defending the likes of Moore and Trump in the name of family values.

Go figure

They are real issues for sure. But they are not the only issues. Say for ex, while I sympathize with those issues, at times it seems democrats don't talk anything else besides that. Talking about that basically paints democrats in Red states in a box and it plays to Republicans advantage. There is no turning the clock back on Gay rights and same thing with abortion. But democrats in my view had successfully allowed conservatives and republicans to turn the clock on abortion issue.

How can a society move forward, become more smarter, intelligent and simultaneously become more stupid, believe factually incorrect things.

True.

In fact science seems to prove every day what people of faith and the reasonable-minded have always known: abortion kills an unborn baby. Research suggesting unborn babies can be viable very early in a pregnancy and feel pain is completely at odds with the Democrat "abortion on demand" politics. Yet the Democrat party is militantly FOR abortion on demand.

This is just one reason Democrats have lost so much ground nationally.

VQ
This is just one reason Democrats have lost so much ground nationally.

VQ

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree. Some women even use abortions as their main method of birth control. I am not for outlawing all abortions, but unlimited abortions is ridiculous. I just can't see any reason why one woman needs 6 abortions. I believe in a woman's right to choose, but there needs to be a limit. Maybe after 6 government paid abortions a woman should have her tubes tied.
In fact science seems to prove every day what people of faith and the reasonable-minded have always known: abortion kills an unborn baby.

My strong advice is that anyone who thinks abortion is a terrible thing should never, ever have one.
Some women even use abortions as their main method of birth control.

Source please?
a firsthand account

https://www.liveaction.org/news/writer-says-she-used-several...

Happily, abortion became legal soon after that, so I never had to experience that kind of near-death experience again, because I had several abortions after that. I am one of those unfortunate few who never found a form of birth control that wasn’t life threatening for me. I had three surgeries to take an IUD out. I am severely allergic to latex, so condoms and diaphragms do not work; I got blood clots with the pill, had toxic shock from the sponge, and there were no patches, nova rings, or injections when I was of childbirth age. And, abstinence is not an option when married.
I believe in a woman's right to choose, but there needs to be a limit.

So you believe in a woman's limited right to choose. Seems...paradoxical. Does she have the right to choose or not?

Maybe after 6 government paid abortions a woman should have her tubes tied.

I tend to agree with this, but I have a question; Under what circumstances is the government paying for abortions - most notably 6 abortions? Are you talking about government employees? People in the military? Can you elaborate on this?

Source please?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have known a few women who used abortion as a method of birth control.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1238612/Girls-usin...

Source please?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have known a few women who used abortion as a method of birth control.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1238612/Girls-usin......

Maybe not many.

From the article:

But she added: ‘These girls are not the majority of under-18s. Women undergoing abortion do not find it pleasant and most make sure it does not happen again.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1238612/Girls-usin...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Karen
My point being that NO woman should need more then 3 abortions in a year.
Advertisement