Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: rmaher2467 One star, 50 posts 10+ Year Anniversary! Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121112  
Subject: COLA Question Date: 7/11/2000 3:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I will be receiving a large COLA distribution from my company as part of a relocation package. I believe it is based on the cost of living in my "new" location being much higher than my present location and will come in the form of a certain percentage of my salary. That being said, can someone help me with the tax implications of this distribution?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Bob
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ptheland Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37397 of 121112
Subject: Re: COLA Question Date: 7/12/2000 6:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I will be receiving a large COLA distribution from my company as part of a relocation package. I believe it is based on the cost of living in my "new" location being much higher than my present location and will come in the form of a certain percentage of my salary. That being said, can someone help me with the tax implications of this distribution?

You'll probably need to ask your employer to be sure, but my guess is that this is just another form of wages. I'd expect to see the usual tax withholdings and to see it included as wages on your W2.

--Peter

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement