Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dsbrady Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1173  
Subject: ColdFusion 7 released Date: 2/7/2005 11:10 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Macromedia released the newest version of ColdFusion last night.

They should have bought a Super Bowl ad. :)

Strangely, it seems like CF releases are usually accompanied by other product releases [DreamWeaver, etc.], but not this time.

dsbrady
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ScottConroy One star, 50 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1156 of 1173
Subject: Re: ColdFusion 7 released Date: 2/7/2005 4:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I believe that they got out of synch with the last tools release. That is, they released the MX 2004 line, but not an upgrade to Coldfusion.

This looks to be a very interesting release of ColdFusion, especially given its movement into protocols other than HTTP. I'm not sure it'll mean that much to Macromedia, but it's good to seem them expand their markets. I don't consider this to be as dramatic as the rewrite to be a J2EE app, but still a nice move.

Author: dsbrady Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1157 of 1173
Subject: Re: ColdFusion 7 released Date: 2/7/2005 4:38 PM
That is, they released the MX 2004 line, but not an upgrade to Coldfusion.

Didn't MX 2004 come out around the same time as ColdFusion 6.1 (which was a fairly large dot upgrade)? I may be off on that, but I thought they were around the same time.

dsbrady

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement