UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: gam321 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308881  
Subject: Collection on Credit Report Date: 4/18/2002 2:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Hi all, I have been lurking here for a few months, while paying down a few cards, but haven't had a need to post until now.

About 10 weeks ago my DF received a bill from a collection agency telling her that she owed a hospital $384. This is for a surgery that she had last Spring. The hospital has been sending her various bills every few months, each of which gets paid within 1 month by her insurance company or her dad. She received a bill around the end of January for $384, her dad submitted it to the insurance company, and they refused to pay it. Well, around the end of Feb. we received the collection notice for said bill (seems to me that < 1 month is a little quick to send a bill to collections, especially when the hospital has been so slow about billing). I immediately called the hospital and asked them to verify the bill. They did so and I paid it over the phone, they faxed me a receipt. I then mailed the bill, receipt, and a dispute letter to the collection agency (certified, return receipt), specifically asking them not to make any derogatory remark on my credit report. Well, I pulled her credit report today and look what I found:

Client: XXXXXXX Account Number: XXXXXX Date Reported: 04/2002 Amount: 384 Balance: 0 Balance Date: 04/2002 Last Activity:04/2001 Date Assigned: 02/2002 Collection Status: PAID Whose Account: INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT Collection Agency Information: Ermhou-Rmsdm
3737 Woodland Ave Ste 520
W DES MOINES,IA 50266-1937
Status Date: 04/2002 Note:

I received the return receipt from the dispute letter that I sent, so I know that they got it.

One interesting thing: The collection agent that originally contacted me was "Risk Management Alternatives", The address above links back to "CSC Credit Services".

How do I go about getting this removed?

Thanks

p.s. if you were wondering SFC 40 and SFC 20 will hit you for about 70 points on your credit rating. (was >700 now 630)

First Reason Code: 40 Your first reason code is 40, “Derogatory public record or collection filed”
AND
Second Reason Code: 20 Your second reason code is 20, “Time since derogatory public record or collection is too short”.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement