Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
Being an attractive strategy (The Foolish Four), I want to utilize this method to save for my child's education (who happens to be almost 3 yrs old).

I know that states have their own Savings Plans and Prepaid Programs, but is there any tax strategy that can be utilized to pay for her education (and not a measly $2,000 contribution deal per year like an educational Roth IRA) so as to not get whacked on taxes on either the front end (hopefully pretax dollars), (tax deferral), or (some type of annuity). I would like to use with the Foolish Four or even a mutual fund like The Spectra Fund with a great rate of return over the long haul... Any recommendations?

Help time is running out.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.