Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (28) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jaguardeer One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 44390  
Subject: Colorado Date: 8/15/2000 3:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
K, I'm keeping track of all us here on the He/She board that have the benefit of living in Colorful Colorado (Did you see the sunset Saturday, wow!)

Those in CO (all five)
TMFRadish
kathcolo
JanBrady
yef
Myself
People I missed
Many others that hang out on other boards.

We should go hit the pubs sometime.
Lodo has a variety of places to go, as does Boulder.
So while there are not quite as many of us as there are out east there's enough to go do Fados' for Guinness. With so few of us it should be easy to coordinate. How does the first weekend in September sound?

jag
Print the post Back To Top
Author: kathcolo Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9133 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/15/2000 3:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I have Sunday Sept 3rd off. Count me in. I live in Aurora, work in Westminster and Englewood so no drive is to great for me!!

Kath
putting mileage on the vehicle is a hobby

Author: skibum73 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9136 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/15/2000 4:10 PM
Jag,

You are making me homesick. :-( I miss Colorado soooo much. I lived in Vail for three years and want to move back to the great state of CO in the near future.

The only thing I do not miss is the eight months of winter. I love snow but sometimes it just seems to never stop. The craziest weather event that I ever saw was not hurricane Hugo in '89, but snow on the Fourth of July in '97, IIRC. The fireworks started and then the snow started falling!!

The get together for Sept. sounds cool. Have a great time and I will be thinking about you heading out to LoDo happy hour. My favorite place to hang out in Denver is Coors Field and the surrounding bars.

~Mark

Author: TMFRavynous Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9138 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/15/2000 4:18 PM
jag

We should go hit the pubs sometime.

Copy cats, copy cats.

Evil, dark, resounding laughter.

Why not book a group vakay to DC where the action and the Fools are??

Rav
dark demonchild

Author: JanBrady Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9173 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/15/2000 8:49 PM
jag --

No! I missed the sunset on Saturday! gee! guess it was purty. we have some nice ones out here.

Would love to join you guys on that Saturday. I am buying a house and supposedly the closing is supposed to be on Aug 30th, but I am not sure. Either way I am sure an evening with you all would be fun. I will see how things are going. Let's all keep in touch.

Didn't realize how many Coloradoans we had in this section of the room! Hey, pass the Sunshine er the GUINESS!

very cool. getting thirsty all ready.

and ya know, Rav -- I think you must be JEALOUS of us out here in the Denver area because we have it all - great sports teams! great restaurants! mountains for hiking and climbing and skiing and etc etc. and lots of tech jobs coming this way......

there's room for a Motley Fool Satellite Office Location (MFSOL). <wink> now put that in the suggestion cap.

Jan

Author: jaguardeer One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9226 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/16/2000 1:48 PM
I have Sunday Sept 3rd off.
Does that mean you want to drink all Sunday?
Gosh, I just figured we'd drink for a night, but if your up for it... =)

Actually it sounds like the plan is for Saturday the 2nd (JanBrady). We can work out details when the time nears.

jag
Who else is in? >=)

Author: kathcolo Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9261 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/16/2000 3:40 PM
>>Does that mean you want to drink all Sunday?<<

Correct answer would be no? ;)~
I have to work Saturdays but given enough advance notice I can arrange to leave earlier. Looking forward to this coming together.

Kath

Author: JanBrady Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9300 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/16/2000 8:23 PM
Kathcolo,

I, too, have to work on Saturday, but not at night! So count me in. I can drive down to Boulder no problem. Haven't been down that way in a bit.

lookin forward to seeing you guys! Hey -- and let's not invite Marsha ok? she always .... well you know!

Janet

Author: kathcolo Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9353 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/17/2000 12:46 PM
So who is all in for this? I think the North end (Boulder or south of there?) is okay. I am not familiar with places on that end though. Where would a good place to meet up at be? CB&Potts on 120th?

Kath
thinking we may really do this!!

Author: kathcolo Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9354 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/17/2000 12:49 PM
>>and let's not invite Marsha ok? she always .... well you know!<<

But can Greg or Peter attend??

Kath
loves em both <sigh>

Author: yef Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9466 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/21/2000 3:29 AM
Those in CO (all five)
TMFRadish
kathcolo
JanBrady
yef
Myself

Actually, I am no longer in Colorado. I'm back in LA, which is the closest place I have to a home.

For any of you who were wondering, the move went off without a hitch, although me and Shannon almost got hitched when I stopped in Vegas for a day.

But that's another story for another day. I need some sleep. I'll try and catch up some more tomorrow.

Author: bdennis Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9471 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/21/2000 10:38 AM
Recommendations: 3
although me and Shannon almost got hitched when I stopped in Vegas for a day.

My boyfriend and I eloped this weekend, without telling anyone (parents included). I recommend it :-)

Barbara

Author: TheBMann Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9472 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/21/2000 10:41 AM
Recommendations: 2
Congrats Barbara...

So, tell me... since you eloped this weekend and today is Monday....

WTH are you posting to this board on your "honeymoon?"!!!!!

:-)

The best of luck!

B*Mann

Author: bdennis Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9473 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/21/2000 10:44 AM
WTH are you posting to this board on your "honeymoon?"!!!!!

Actually we both went back to work this morning. The honeymoon will come later.

Barbara

Author: TheBMann Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9475 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/21/2000 10:52 AM
Actually we both went back to work this morning. The honeymoon will come later. --Barbara

Awwwww... don't tell us that!! All us church-marryin-deal-with-the-in-laws-tux-wearin-limo-rentin-menu-plannin-weddingparty-makin-kiss-the-priest's-petutie MFs want to believe that "eloptions" end up driving off into the sunset with some exotic beach as the destination and mariachi bands playing in the background.

Congrats!

B*Mann

Author: TMFDocumama Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9479 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/21/2000 11:47 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Barb! Are you serious???? You and the cutie I met when you stopped in earlier this summer? Are you SERIOUS????????????

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Kelly

Author: bdennis Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9482 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/21/2000 12:08 PM
Barb! Are you serious???? You and the cutie I met when you stopped in earlier this summer? Are you SERIOUS????????????

Absolutely serious, that same cutie! I woill try to bring him to the next Murphy's get together, but no promises.

Barbara

Author: FOOLOPATH Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9484 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/21/2000 12:18 PM
My boyfriend and I eloped this weekend

Congratulations! Best wishes for a full life, rich in love.

Frank

Author: TMFJedi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9495 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/21/2000 2:24 PM

My boyfriend and I eloped this weekend, without telling anyone (parents included). I recommend it :-)

After hearing my best friend's tales of woe today (and this was just getting the material for the dresses!), I have decided that should I ever get married, I am eloping. Either that or I get married at city hall followed by Happy Hour at Murphy's.

Kaiti

Author: TMFDocumama Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9499 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/21/2000 3:04 PM
After hearing my best friend's tales of woe today (and this was just getting the material for the dresses!), I have decided that should I ever get married, I am eloping. Either that or I get married at city hall followed by Happy Hour at Murphy's.

The original DocuHubby/Documama idea was to plan what we wanted without really talking to anyone and then calling everyone about 3 weeks beforehand and say "you should probably be at the church Friday night about 6...oh, no particular reason, you just probably want to be there!".

We had a good time at our wedding but even a relatively simple wedding involves a fair amount of planning. Any event involving a lot of people does, even just a party. Add a lot of emotional content to the event and you get to multiply the planning and involvement.

The only disadvantage to eloping is not being able to see your friends get weepy when you say "I do", which is kinda fun. :)

Kelly

Author: TheBMann Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9501 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/21/2000 3:16 PM
Recommendations: 2
I have to add my two cents here... Kelly tosses 'em up and B*Mann knocks 'em out of the park.. hehehehe

Believe me, I am NOT against eloping... I was <this close> to taking Gieta to Vegas when we were planning/enduring our marriage preparation four years ago...

THBS, two of the highlights for me were being able to write into our vows the significance of my ring -- which was the ring my mother gave to my father when they got married 40 years ago. That really MEANT ALOT TO ME. I can't tell you how much that meant/means to me. And if we had eloped, I don't know if my mother would have had the chance to give me the ring to use, until after the fact. So, who knows? Amazing aside, my dad was 5-10, 175 pounds -- I'm 6-3, 245 and the ring fits perfectly. Go figger...

The other highlight was when we had our mothers come up to us during the ceremony and give their blessings to the marriage. Gieta's mom gave a really poetic blessing and my mother pulled a sneak attack, started talkinga bout my Dad again and made me bawl like a baby. There were so many people came up to us afterwards and told them how meaningful and beautiful the cermony was, I stopped counting.

So..

the moral of the story... there's no right way to do something -- except YOUR way. We went through a lot of hardship with our wedding, which is a damn shame -- and some days I don't think it was worth it -- but we were able to produce something that affected a lot of people in a beautiful way -- not the least of which were us.

B*Mann

Author: bdennis Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9502 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/21/2000 3:22 PM
the moral of the story... there's no right way to do something -- except YOUR way.

I agree with this completely. I know that the way we got married was not for everyone, but we took my daughters and they stood up with us in their fairy tale dresses. They got their first ever ride in a limosine to the babysitters house afterwards (about 65 miles) and we held the ceremony outside with a backdrop of the Shenandoah mountains. It was perfect for us. My parents live in Idaho and would not have been able to attend at any rate.....

Barbara

Author: Ascaris Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9503 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/21/2000 3:24 PM
<The only disadvantage to eloping is not being able to see your friends get weepy when you say "I do", which is kinda fun. :)>

About the time you are saying "I do", you are somewhat preoccupied and will be lucky to even know if there are other people present, no less what they are doing.

Or maybe that is just us guys?

Ascaris
(Who now knows for certain that if that fateful day ever arrives when they offer the blindfold and cigarette that my knees may shake but will hold me up.)

Author: TMFDocumama Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9504 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/21/2000 3:37 PM
About the time you are saying "I do", you are somewhat preoccupied and will be lucky to even know if there are other people present, no less what they are doing.

Oh, yeah, us too but when we turned around and returned to our seats, there was alot of kleenex action going on!

Kelly

Author: yef Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9533 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/22/2000 12:30 AM
Recommendations: 1
when we turned around and returned to our seats, there was alot of kleenex action going on!

Huh? Why would everyone be mastu...oh -- *crying*. Gotcha. In my world, Kleenex has more to do with the neatness thread.

Author: TMFDocumama Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9550 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/22/2000 11:53 AM
Huh? Why would everyone be mastu...oh -- *crying*. Gotcha. In my world, Kleenex has more to do with the neatness thread.

Dang, yef, you are twisted (and I'm still laughing).

Kelly

Author: CindyC72 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9552 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/22/2000 12:06 PM

Dang, yef, you are twisted (and I'm still laughing).

Kelly

Yef, are you sure you can't make it to Murphy's on the 25th??????? It's just a quick trip across country! :)

Cindy

Author: yef Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9564 of 44390
Subject: Re: Colorado Date: 8/22/2000 12:42 PM
Yef, are you sure you can't make it to Murphy's on the 25th??????? It's just a quick trip across country! :)

Oh, I'd love to, and I mean that more than you think. I'll make it to Alexandria sometime though.

Documama, did you notice that your He/She induced fribble happened while this board was free (temporarily) from my dark influence? I'll be here for a while, so you can kiss your fribble writing career goodbye - if that's what you intend to do after massage.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (28) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement