Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: illaMatt Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121217  
Subject: Combining all purchases/sales in Schedule D Date: 3/13/2006 2:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I purchased & sold ALL my holdings of a particular stock multiple times during the year.

Do I have to list each purchase & sale separately?

Or could I just combine all those transactions by saying "various" under the sell and buy date and using only the totals for purchase price & cap gain? that way I should have only use one line in the schedule D for that security ...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPMarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 84933 of 121217
Subject: Re: Combining all purchases/sales in Schedule D Date: 3/13/2006 2:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I purchased & sold ALL my holdings of a particular stock multiple times during the year.

Do I have to list each purchase & sale separately?

No, but you must report each sale separately. You can use "various" as the purchase date. You also need to attend to short vs. long term holdings.

See the Schedule D instructions.

Phil

Author: MKS101 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 84963 of 121217
Subject: Re: Combining all purchases/sales in Schedule D Date: 3/13/2006 7:41 PM
Recommendations: 0

If you sold for a loss and purchased the same security within 30 days, you have to report a "wash sale" in Schedule D. Search for "wash sale" in any search engine.

-- Srini

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement