Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Enilkrennad Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75  
Subject: Re: Greetings, Fool! Date: 2/21/2001 4:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Combining finances was a bit of a pain, and it ain't completely over for us yet. She was a little reluctant to get a joint checking account because she was nervous about me knowing how she spends her money--of all things. But get a joint account we did. I added her to my main credit card and we jointly opened a Discover account. But she still has her main credit card from before our marriage in her maiden name, and it is the primary way she spends money. But i pay the bills every month, so i still get to see where she spends it : ) She doesn't want to use the debit card because she's afraid she'll overdraw our checking account, and i'm not convinced she won't. We'll get to the point where income exeeds expenses, but we're not 100% there yet. She really has gotten a lot better. I'm trying to put a new mantra into effect in our lives: "If you don't need it, don't buy it." Period.

I opened up a discount broker account jointly, and i have recently opened Roth IRA's for both of us, and i'm trying to put equal amounts in both.

We'll be closing on our first house soon, so that's going to open up a whole new can of worms.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement