No. of Recommendations: 0
I have a SEP-IRA, a 401k rollover IRA, a regular tax-deductible IRA and a regular non-tax-deductible IRA. I would like to consolidate these into one IRA. Can I do this???
Print the post Back To Top
Bernieschwartz asks:

I have a SEP-IRA, a 401k rollover IRA, a regular tax-deductible IRA and a regular non-tax-deductible IRA. I would like to consolidate these into one IRA. Can I do this???

Absolutely. However, be aware that when you merge the 401k rollover IRA with another, that money forever loses its eligibility for rollover to a new employer's 401k plan. That's not a big deal to Fools, but if it's important to you to retain that option, then you want to keep the 401k rollover IRA separate from all others.

Regards….Pixy
Bernieschwartz asks:

Pixy responds:

Absolutely. However, be aware that when you merge the 401k rollover IRA with another, that money forever loses its eligibility for rollover to a new employer's 401k plan. That's not a big deal to Fools, but if it's important to you to retain that option, then you want to keep the 401k rollover IRA separate from all others.

What about rolling different accounts over into a ROTH IRA. Is there a rule about how many times you can roll over into the ROTH??

Thanks
F.Bull

F. Bull asks:

What about rolling different accounts over into a ROTH IRA. Is there a rule about how many times you can roll over into the ROTH??

You may roll as many traditional IRA to a conversion Roth IRA as you wish. There is no limit on the number or dollars as long as you meet AGI limits for the conversion and are willing to be taxed on the untaxed traditional IRA proceeds.

Regards…..Pixy
Advertisement