UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 756699  
Subject: Re: Interesting choice Bozo vs Romney... Date: 10/3/2012 8:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Come on, don't be shy - tell us what you REALLY think of Obama.

OK.

I think he's highly intelligent. He doesn't think (or speak) in sound bites, but in nuance.
He's highly motivated (had to work his butt off to get to Harvard).
I think he's generally a very good speaker.
I think (but obviously don't know him on a personal level, so could be wrong) that he is a good father and husband (as good as any of us, anyway).
I think he is a bit naive when dealing with others in negotiations because he appears to assume that everyone wants the same thing (i.e. what's best for the country) even though the Republican leader 4 years ago said explicitly that the only thing that mattered was making him (Obama) a 1-term president.
The only reason I can see that he hasn't pursued tougher regulation on finance is that he is somehow beholden to them, so he is at least somewhat corrupt (not unusual for any politician, but still...).
I don't think he's a horrible leader, but he is not a very strong one either. Probably related to the previously mentioned naivete. This definitely showed during his first two years in particular, IMO.
He is able to change his mind (which I consider a positive). As evidenced by his stance on gay marriage, even though it will cost him some votes (particularly among blacks, according to what I've read). He would have been safer to remain against it.
Which leads me to say that he is at least somewhat principled. Not enough to take on Big Finance (Wall Street, banks, etc). Unfortunately. But more than many politicians.

Really, just looking at that list, it's a little weak, IMO. So imagine what my list for Romney would look like for me to be voting against him (Romney). Which is what I will do. I'm much less voting for Obama than I am voting against Romney. The GOP could have had me this year if they hadn't been determined to run idiots, psychos and criminals (well...one criminal...Newt was punished for ethics violations).
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement