Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Interesting first five posts guys <cough> thanks for getting me to #6 my other number.
Unfortunately I can't preview any of my posts, as when I hit preview it is the same as hitting submit. More than likely due to ZoneAlarm. I can spell check with ieSpell, however.

So...

Since it's Easter and I'm not into bloody glorification of idols. Lets hear some words from the Son of Man taken from the Book of Thomas. Some of my favs. All words in quotes are from the Son of Man unless otherwise indicated.

(1) "Whoever finds the interpretation of these sayings will not experience death."

(2) "Let him who seeks continue seeking until he finds. When he finds, he will become troubled. When he becomes troubled, he will be astonished, and he will rule over all."

(3) Last Sentence "But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

(4) "The man old in days will not hesitate to ask a small child seven days old about the place of life, and he will live. For many who are first will become last, and they will become one and the same."

(5) "Recognize what is in your sight and that which is hidden from you will become plain to you. For there is nothing hidden which will not become manifest.

(6) ..."Do not tell lies and do not do what you hate..."

(8) "The man is like a wise fisherman who cast his net into the sea and drew it up from the sea full of small fish. Among them the wise fisherman found a large fish. He threw all the small fish back into the sea and chose the large fish without difficulty. Whoever has ears to hear, let him hear."

(10) "I have cast fire upon the world and see, I am guarding it until it blazes."

(11) "The heaven will pass away and the one above it will pass away. The dead are not alive and the living will not die. In the days when you consumed what is dead, you made it alive. When you come to dwell in the light, what will you do? On the day when you were one you became two. But when you become two, what will you do?"

(13) ...Jesus said, "I am not your master. Because you have drunk, you have become intoxicated from the bubbling spring which I have measured out." And he took him (Thomas) and withdrew and told him three things. When Thomas returned to his companions (Simon Peter and Matthew) they asked him, "What did Jesus say to you?"
Thomas said to them, "If I tell you one of the things which he told me, you would pick up stones and throw them at me; a fire will come out of the stones and burn you up."
<grin>

(17) "I shall give to you what no eye has seen and what no ear has heard and what no hand has touched and what has never occurred to the human mind."

(18) The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us how our end will be."
Jesus said, "Have you discovered, then, the beginning, that you look for the end? For where the beginning is, there will the end be. Blessed is he who will take his place in the beginning; he will know the end and will not experience death."

(22) Jesus saw infants being suckled. He said to his disciples, "These infants being suckled are like those who enter the kingdom."
They said to him, "Shall we then as children, enter the kingdom?"
Jesus said to them, "When you make the two one and when you make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside and the above like the below and when you make the male and the female one and the same, so that the male not be male nor the female, female;and when you fashion eyes in place of an eye and a hand in place of a hand and a foot in place of a foot and a likeness in place of a likeness; then will you enter the kingdom of heaven."

(24) His disciples said to him, "Show us the place where you are, since it is necessary for us to seek it."
He said to them, "Whoever has ears, let him hear. There is a light within a man of light and he lights up the whole world. If he does not shine, he is darkness."

(25) "Love your brother like your soul, guard him like the pupil of your eye."

(27) "If you do not fast as regards the world, you will not find the kingdom. ..."

Well, I guess that's good enough for a first post.

Happy Renewal to all.

gnos<HatesCrucifications>
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement