UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: akleck One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 24253  
Subject: Comment about Wells Fargo Date: 4/6/2001 6:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I don't have the pleasure of calling Wells Fargo's customer support very often, and I wanted to share my experience in case this hasn't been mentioned in a while.

While you're waiting to talk to a real person, the automated system comes on and asks you to key in your account number and social security number. It sounds like you have to do this. But the call will go through fine without it. Resist the temptation to key in your account information. They don't encrypt this data. Just ignore the messages that follow, and wait for your "banker" to come on line. They will ask you for the same information, but at least it isn't trasmitted over the phone lines.

I was put on hold for a long time by my first "banker". After the phone company dropped the call, when I called back in I got someone who sounded like he he was born yesterday and just got this job today. :) I wasn't satisfied with his handling of my problem, so he offered to connect me to his supervisor. Wrong! This must be the biggest joke in Customer Service. There isn't a supervisor! They just put you on hold. It took me a minute to get a clue, and I hung up and called back in. My third "banker" actually gave me useful information.

Sigh. The problem was with my ATM card. While I was looking at it I noticed "customer since 81". Twenty years with this company. Kind of an odd feeling.....
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Considerable Headwinds for Profire Energy?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement