No. of Recommendations: 0
I read some posts back from 1998 discussing that some online discount brokerages did not allow contributing to a conversion Roth IRA account. I have a conversion Roth IRA and a contributing Roth IRA account with my "full-price" broker right now. I'd like to take control of my investments, and transfer these accounts to a discount brokerage. I'm curious if I can just make a new Roth IRA account with the new brokerage, and transfer both existing accounts into the new account.

1. Is this possible?

2. If possible, are there any brokerages that do not allow this?


Peter Avalos
Newbie Fool
Print the post  


The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.