Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: mitchjl Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 18103  
Subject: common sense article Date: 5/25/2013 8:00 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://seekingalpha.com/article/1450871-benjamin-graham-s-ru...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFBreakerRob Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Home Fool Supernova Phoenix 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17563 of 18103
Subject: Re: common sense article Date: 5/25/2013 8:16 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Like many analysts, the author makes the mistake of including the debt of Ford Credit and concluding the Company is too debt heavy. A correct analysis looks at the automotive arm separately from Ford Credit.... and analyzes Credit for what it essentially is..... a bank. Separate analysis for a completely separate type of business.

No surprise, Seeking Alpha doesn't make the attempt to ensure that contributors are competent or honorable.

Rob

Author: JustMee01 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17564 of 18103
Subject: Re: common sense article Date: 5/25/2013 9:32 AM
Recommendations: 1
Couldn't agree with you more, Rob.

This quote also struck me as bizarre:

"At this point in time Ford is still in a rebuilding stage and should be considered a growth stock, with a dividend."

A growth stock? Seriously?

Ford is a very difficult company to value and it definitely has to be valued as a sum of its parts. That's way too complicated for most people. Because of that, they abandon any effort and just roll everything together like this author did. It wasn't worth reading at all.

Peter

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement