No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello all,

My company has a profit sharing plan where one-time annual deposits are made by the company into a retirement account. The company does allow employees to "borrow" from it but require payments back.

Because I'm 100% vested with my company, the entire amount in this account is mine to keep. If I were to leave the company, what type of account can I roll it into? I have Roth IRA accounts but since I haven't paid taxes on the profit sharing, I'm guessing a Roth isn't an option.

Thanks guys, I don't plan on leaving my job but was just curious.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.