UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: MichaelSB Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75832  
Subject: Company Stock Investment Plan Date: 1/21/2000 6:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The company that I work for is one of 7 companies that are owned by an employee owned holding company. We are given the opportunity to purchase, with pre-tax dollars, stock in the holding company. The company also matches a given % depending on the performance of all 7 companies (last year 27.3%). Since joining the company 3.5 years ago the price per share has increased from about $9.10 to $12.90. I currently withhold only 1% (out of 15%) of my pre-tax earnings and put it towards company stock. I would like to buy more but I don't because I am really hung up on the fact that my company's stock is not publicly traded on any exchange. The value of the company stock is determined on a bi-annual (soon to be quarterly) basis by a given accounting firm.

Anyone out there have a similar experience I can draw from? Any opinions on whether I am putting to much "stock" in the stock not being publicly traded? Any and all opinions are appreciated.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: DollarsForFuture Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 18088 of 75832
Subject: Re: Company Stock Investment Plan Date: 1/21/2000 10:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi, MichaelSB.

I had a similar, but not the same, situation. Perhaps the info will help. In my case, I was able to buy shares in a privately held company. The downside was illequidity if I stayed with the company. The positive was that the company would go public and I would benefit. The slightly positive was that if I left the company, they would buy back the shares at 1*yearly growth rate, which was pretty high.

If you needed your money and you still worked at the company, could you sell your shares back? To be honest with you, this would be my biggest concern. I suggest you check into this. (I'm not a professional, though, just a Fool in the making.)

DFF

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement