Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: EasternSprint One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 174  
Subject: comparison with FNF Date: 1/15/2004 8:44 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
I've just recently published an article on the title insurance industry...focusing on FAF and FNF. Thought it might be worth posting here to see what people think.

http://handlebars.org/?a=article&articleid=405

Cheers,
EasternSprint
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ScottConroy One star, 50 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 158 of 174
Subject: Re: comparison with FNF Date: 1/22/2004 9:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Given that this isn't a very active board, I just wanted to send my thanks for your post and analysis. I'm thinking of getting into FAF's DSP program to balance out my small/growth/tech stocks with a larger/value stock. I do expect that real estate market will take its toll on the value, but in the long run title insurance companies seem a good hedge against the frequent ups and downs of the real estate market (people refinance in bad times for some extra cash, people buy new houses when times are good). I suppose, though, that the interest rates of the last couple years might be the exception that makes my reasoning a little suspect...

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Author: WrnBuffett Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 159 of 174
Subject: Re: comparison with FNF Date: 3/24/2004 12:59 AM
Recommendations: 0

13.33% means an I.V. of $91.875% means an I.V. of $68.370% means an I.V. of $56.70-5% means an I.V. of $46.99-15% means an I.V. of $32.41

Your punctuation got a little screwed here; thought you'd like to know.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement