Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: bigdan195 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 207  
Subject: Compensation Date: 6/23/2009 12:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I was in a car accident.
Both parties have insurance.
Other guy got a ticket on the spot.It was his fault.
I was banged up pretty badly and my car was totalled.
I wrote letter to insurance company of guy who hit me and asked for compnesation for lost wages (4 days at home after accident) and also for pain and suffering. Got a letter today from insurance company. The amount they are offering me is only about 25% of what I was thinking I should get. Are there guidelines out there for how much compensation you can expect? Should I hire an attorney? Should I tell insurance company their offer is too low? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 204 of 207
Subject: Re: Compensation Date: 6/23/2009 1:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
This is a good board to rant and rave about the other driver. To have your questions answered, a better board would the Insurance board.

http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?bid=100156

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement