Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Meowiz Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 86575  
Subject: Complaints.com Date: 12/8/1999 4:06 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi everyone,

Last nite on the news I saw a new website devoted to consumer complaints about any product.
www.complaints.com

People can post msgs there complaining about unsatisfactory products they have purchased. I am not sure if it includes services, also. The internet company will transmit all the msgs to the companies complained about, and then post the companies' replies.

I thought of your board, here, Tony!
Meowiz
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JPLenny Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7117 of 86575
Subject: Re: Complaints.com Date: 12/8/1999 5:24 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
People can post msgs there complaining about unsatisfactory products they have purchased. I am not sure if it includes services, also. The internet company will transmit all the msgs to the companies complained about, and then post the companies' replies.

I just stopped by the site. It doesn't seem to be too active. I did get a kick out of the one person who wrote a letter in one of the forums trying to get a job
as a flight attendant.

http://us.comments.com/~Airlines/read?195,145

I hope this isn't a REAL person looking for a job.

Just my thoughts....

Lenny
...onward to Germany

Author: TDMENEUF Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7119 of 86575
Subject: Re: Complaints.com Date: 12/8/1999 8:50 AM
Lenny
...onward to Germany

Aren't you supposed to be packing? HUM????? I thought so, bad enough you make me feel horribly guilty about leaving my babies in Montana, but then you goof off and play on the computer.

Back to packing young man! And I mean now!

Deannda
just kidding hun, keep us posted as to the progress :)

Author: icebrrrg Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7121 of 86575
Subject: Re: Complaints.com Date: 12/8/1999 8:55 AM
Hey Lenny, maybe we should have a little Foolish get together with our pets when you get over here to Germany!

Matt

Ich wohne im München. Wohin fährst du?

Author: ENGRRLM Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7123 of 86575
Subject: Re: Complaints.com Date: 12/8/1999 11:38 AM
Last nite on the news I saw a new website devoted to consumer complaints about any product.
www.complaints.com ...

Meowiz

The site appears to have some growing pains, and it must be relatively new.

I think it will need a while to get enough messages to be really useful, but it has potential.

Thanks for letting us know about it.

Bob Mc

Author: JPLenny Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7137 of 86575
Subject: Re: Complaints.com Date: 12/8/1999 3:06 PM
Aren't you supposed to be packing? HUM????? I thought so, bad enough you make me feel horribly Guilty about leaving my babies in Montana, but then you goof off and play on the computer.

Hey Deannda,

Me pack...I've got plenty of time :-) Actaully the movers are scheduled to show up next week. Terri and I have been spending lots of time going through our stuff. Do we ever collect a lot of junk!

I didn't mean to make you feel guilty about your pets in Montana. The whole pet shipping situation has been very hard on us. I'm not happy with the $3000 dollars it's going to take to get my cats to the US, but they are part of our family, so I'll pay the price.

Like I said before, the sad part is more than 1/2 of that price is getting them across town in Tokyo to Northwest Air Cargo and processing them through customs.

A lot of people think that we are VERY strange for spending this kind of money of 3 ordinary house cats. Luckily, I've got money saved up for this kind of stuff. My 9 year old daughter even offered to donate her $952 in savings she has saved up. These three cats are very special to her. We told her she didn't have to worry about helping to pay.

Lenny
...on the move to Germany

Author: JPLenny Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7141 of 86575
Subject: Re: Complaints.com Date: 12/8/1999 3:26 PM
Hey Matt,

Sounds good to me. I'll be living in Heidelberg. I know, tough assignment. I'll be working with the US miltary in Heidelberg, doing my usual network and computer systems support stuff.

?Ich wohne im München. Wohin fährst du?

Wir wohnen in Heidelberg. Mein Deutsch ist nicht sehr gut. Ich muß mein Deutsches mehr üben. (I think that's right)

I think I've got to brush up on my German. It's been a while since I've used any. I understood the first sentence completly, the second one I translate as "Where do you drive?", I think I'm missing something here :-)

Lenny
illterate in more than 15 langauges

Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7146 of 86575
Subject: Re: Complaints.com Date: 12/8/1999 4:05 PM
The internet company will transmit all the msgs to the companies complained about, and then post the companies' replies.

I thought of your board, here, Tony!

Thanks, Meowiz!

But I think all our complaining should stay right here. Besides, you just know there wouldn't be the quality of people over there like us here on the Isle. ;)

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7147 of 86575
Subject: Re: Complaints.com Date: 12/8/1999 4:08 PM
Hey Lenny, maybe we should have a little Foolish get together with our pets when you get over here to Germany!

Matt

Ich wohne im München. Wohin fährst du?

For those of you needing translation, Matt just told Lenny, "Keep your grubby paws off my saurbratten!"

Always happy to be of service. ;)

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

Author: icebrrrg Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7257 of 86575
Subject: Re: Complaints.com Date: 12/9/1999 3:38 PM
I'll be living in Heidelberg.

I've got some friends in Heidelberg. I have to get up there! (Now it looks like I might have a few more)

Wir wohnen in Heidelberg. Mein Deutsch ist nicht sehr gut. Ich muß mein Deutsches mehr üben. (I think that's right)

That was just fine. You get over here and speak for awhile (don't just hand out with those Amis, now!), and you'll be fließig in no time.

the second one I translate as "Where do you drive?"

Well, I messed up a bit. You really don't use "gehen" -- to go when talking about travel, although you can. I schould have used "fliegen" (to fly) or better yet, "umziehen", which means to move. Na ja, mach's nichts.

Matt
I've only been here for 10 months, but I love it!

Author: icebrrrg Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7258 of 86575
Subject: Re: Complaints.com Date: 12/9/1999 3:39 PM
Matt just told Lenny, "Keep your grubby paws off my saurbratten!"

Actually, I told him, "The snow falls gently on the falling goat."

Never can trust folks around here -- got to speak in code. Where'd that black helicopter get to?

Matt
Paranoid since 1902.

Author: JPLenny Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7267 of 86575
Subject: Re: Complaints.com Date: 12/9/1999 4:04 PM
I've got some friends in Heidelberg. I have to get up there! (Now it looks like I might have a few more)

Well, I messed up a bit. You really don't use "gehen" -- to go when talking about travel, although you can. I schould have used "fliegen" (to fly) or better yet, "umziehen", which means to move. Na ja, mach's nichts.

As soon as I'm settled into a place to live, I'll let you know. I'd be glad to have you come and visit. Now you have yet another reason to visit Heidelberg.

I'm supposed to fly out on the 20th, bust it all depends if I get my house packed out next week. I should know that today. I'm not looking forward to the flight. The shortest route will be 13 hours from Tokyo to Frankfurt. I will have to stay overnight in Tokyo to catch the flight. If I get routed through the US (sometimes my company requires the use of US carriers)...I don't want to even think about the time involved.

Lenny
Misawa, Japan

Author: JPLenny Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7268 of 86575
Subject: Re: Complaints.com Date: 12/9/1999 4:11 PM
Actually, I told him, "The snow falls gently on the falling goat."

Never can trust folks around here -- got to speak in code. Where'd that black helicopter get to?

That first sentence sounds like something you would see as an advertising slogan here in Japan....

Everytime I see an SUV driving around, it's got ome slogan like.

"The pleasure of driving to our closest friends in relaxing nature - Nissan"

"A hot drink warms the heart becuase of friends - McDonalds Coffee Cup"

Of coarse, I'm sure my Japanese sounds like that to them as well :-)

Now about that black helicoper thingie....

Lenny
...illiterate in over 15 languanges

Author: icebrrrg Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7269 of 86575
Subject: Re: Complaints.com Date: 12/9/1999 4:12 PM
Ewww, I feel your pain, Lenny. My longest flight was a 12-hour return from Bangkok, and I was totally stir crazy by the end of it!!

Good luck in the next few weeks ... und Fröhliche Weihnachten!

Matt

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement