No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey all,

I'm really really new at the investment game. So new, in fact, that I haven't even finished reading "The Motley Fool Investment Guide" yet (although I am moving through it at a fairly quick pace). There is so much information available on this site I don't really even know where to begin...my question is fairly simple (I hope):

I already have a SIMPLE IRA plan through my work place that I am utilizing to the maximum extent possible. I have no savings. I just sat down with my wife the other day and re-figured our budget, and came up with $95 for every two weeks (that's $190 a month!) that we both agreed we can invest with. Problem is, I don't know where to begin!

I have been reading a little on DRiPs, and they sound good for long-term futuristic types of things, however I am looking for something that will buy me a new house and car within the next 5 to 10 years. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I'm feeling the pressures of the recent drop in the market...and have heard the rumors that this is like a second chance for those who missed out on Microsoft to begin with...I feel like if I don't get in -now- somehow, I'll miss the boat again.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

SO
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement