UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308229  
Subject: compromised card Date: 5/16/2012 8:44 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Someone who used to post here shared on Facebook recently that one of her cards had been compromised.

They (whoever "they" are) started with a $1 charge.
When that went through, the spending started
WalMart
AberCrombie & Fitch
donation to UniCEF ...

peace & giving generously
t
Print the post Back To Top
Author: maracle Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305145 of 308229
Subject: Re: compromised card Date: 5/16/2012 3:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I just had to cancel my card, and I thought the pattern was kind of weird.

I had been out of town for a few months so the fradulent activity was actually in March.

First there was a $25 dollar charge for Minecraft through Moneybookers that was credited the next day. The fraud department guy said this probably means Moneybookers suspected it was fraudulent and so just credited it back. He said a lot of stolen CC info is used through Moneybookers (some kind of third party payment site).

Then there was nothing for 2 weeks. Then there were charges from norton.com on two consecutive days. About $65 and $85. Then nothing after that.

I can't figure out why you would successfully use a stolen card so infrequently and also why they would only use it a couple of times. It was almost 2 months before I noticed.

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305147 of 308229
Subject: Re: compromised card Date: 5/17/2012 3:00 PM
Recommendations: 2
It's so nice that the thieves gave to charity. LOL.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement