Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: angelbuggy Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 9208  
Subject: concise chess openings (book) Date: 3/3/2002 9:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1

Hi: I popped in to check out this board because my 12-year-old son is a serious (=obsessed) chess player, so I was just curious about the goings on over here.

He studies twice a week with a GM in our area who highly recommended a new-ish book several months ago called "Concise Chess Openings." I can't remember the author, but it's a small square white book; I found it easily at Borders. My son has a number of books on specific openings, but for a good, quick intro to most standard openings, he and his teacher like this one because it does a good job of explaining the strengths and pitfalls of the various common openings and their variations.

ab

Print the post Back To Top
Author: gahamuvo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 304 of 9208
Subject: Re: concise chess openings (book) Date: 3/3/2002 9:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
have him read this board. we have people posting here with a range of talent, from me (chess moron) to some others that post strategy stuff so far over my head it might as well be written in greek.

-gabe

p.s. to everyone, yes, i'll submit a new "available/games list" soon

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement