No. of Recommendations: 0
I have some retirement money from a previous employer that is still in their retirement plan. I am about to get that out and put it in a conduit IRA. From what I can see, it looks like that will be my best bet so that I can manage that myself for my retirement. However, is there ever a case where it is worthwhile to roll that money into another company's retirement plan if I work for an employer that will accept it.
Print the post Back To Top
IRAs and QRPs have slightly different withdrawal possibilities (when you can withdraw, what options you have). Some retirement plans might have beter things available if you have over a certain amount invested.

The biggest benefit of lumping it all together is the ease of paperwork and bookkeeping. The few tangible benefits aren't really worth considering.

It's not a big issue.
You CAN (but normally shouldn't) borrow from a 401k
and you cannot borrow from an IRA.
It is possible that your new employer will offer a group of really good options.
Actually the main reason I'd think of transferring
a rollover IRA to a new employer's 401k would be if there was a real need (my spouse has cancer?) to borrow against that money early.
It is not wise to borrow it anyway if you can find any alternative. Best wishes, Chris
Advertisement