No. of Recommendations: 11
Here's the Conference Notice! A copy will be posted on Denny's site, www.bmwmethod.com. Please send in your deposits! We need to know how many to accommodate and to secure the right conference rooms. Early deposits and bookings benefit all that attend!-- Thanks.

BMWM Investor's Conference 2008
Conference Notice--Arrangement Finalized

Announcing the 2008 BMWM Conference.

Date: October 23-25, 2008

Venue: The conference will be held at the Bahia Resort Hotel on Mission Bay. The conference will start at 9 a.m. Thursday morning and conclude around 4 p.m. on Saturday. An optional social event is planned for Sunday.

Hotel: The hotel is the Bahia Resort Hotel. http://www.bahiaresorthotel.com/ The conference rate is $129/night plus taxes for standard rooms (Bay or Garden view- book early for your preference), $149 Studio Suites, $199 Full Suites. Hotel is less than 6 miles from San Diego Airport. Hotel guest parking is free.

Transportation: Bahia offers airport shuttle at $12 each way per person via Cloud 9 shuttle. Check with the Bahia for any discounted rate changes.

Cost: The conference fees will run about $400. This covers all the meeting rooms and equipment, continental breakfast, lunch, break refreshments and dinner on Thursday and Friday evenings. If you bring your significant other (SO) to the dinners on Friday and Saturday there will be additional costs (estimate is $130 for both nights -- fine dining restaurants. We also expect the Conference fee to cover a personalized gift and t-shirt. The greater the number of hotel booking nights, the more we can accomplish with our conference fee.

BMWM Experience/Investment Experience: The conference is designed for all levels of BMWM experience and all levels of investment experience. All you need is a desire to learn and share your knowledge to make this a real value for any investor. Personally interact and learn strategies and techniques from the many veteran BMWM investors attending, Mr. BMW himself, IcyWolf, the Motley Fool Feste award winning mklein9, option investors like RGAnthony, JokingMe and many others.

Agenda: Thursday will be BMW Method basics and fundamentals with Friday and Saturday for the more advanced topics. We also plan a couple of focus group breakout sessions for interactive subjects and personalized assistance.
Detailed agenda will be created as we get closer to the conference. Topics normally include BMWM basics, DD, options and their application to BMW stocks, BMW tools, and a review of last year’s best BMWM stock picks.

Additional Activities: A social gathering will be planned for early Wednesday evening, this will allow everyone to meet each other and make sure the SO’s are introduced. A lot of the attendees will dine together in one of San Diego's finer restaurants. A group of SO’s are already planning their alternate activities. Saturday dinner is also optional. Many who stay over Saturday night will dine together that evening, again at one of the finer restaurants. Sunday will be an optional social event.

Virtual Attendance: After some discussion about video conferencing, audio connections, net meetings, or other technology hookups, it was agreed by the BMWM Productions that no virtual attendance would be offered. Sorry, so plan your personal attendance.
Please save your money and your time so you can attend. As has been described, some of the ideas approaches, and better understanding of the method has a very, very positive ROI with your investment company. There definitely are concepts I missed or did not understand clearly from the boards that just “clicked” for me during previous conferences. The personal interactions are powerful!

Additional Information: For additional information please send me an email.

Cheers,
Ed
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
A copy will be posted on Denny's site, www.bmwmethod.com.
kgav8r

Done!

http://bmwmethod.com/conference/notice-2008.php

Happy conferencing!

Denny Schlesinger
No. of Recommendations: 2
We need to size up the room block needs for the upcoming BMWM conference.

I'd very much appreciate hearing if you expect to be staying at the Bahia for the BMWM Conference. If so, which nights would you need?
The conference starts on Thursday, Oct 23 and runs through Saturday the 25. Lodging would be typically be Oct 22 through at least the 24th, Friday night, and possibly Saturday night.

Please post a reply to me using "Reply to the Author".
A prompt response would be very valuable and appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed
No. of Recommendations: 9
I cannot stress how important for planning this call for information is. Ed is getting ready to sign a contract that has a minimum value on it. This gets us a better deal on the meeting room and food for the conference.

If you are going to attend, please take a couple of minutes to let Ed know your plans. Please send you deposit to Ed ASAP.

Ed is doing this on a volunteer basis so lets help him where we can. I have been through it and making decision without the data is hard. Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Gary
No. of Recommendations: 0
Gary,

Ditto that!

Take care,
IcyWolf
While the attendance to the conference is building steadily, I'm sorry to say I have been unsuccessful at getting enough people to commit to staying at the Bahia to get the block rate they offered.

I'm going back to the Bahia to renegotiate room rates. I'm expecting a modest increase. As soon a I have corrected rates we'll make the changes to the announcement on Denny's site.

Ed
Ed,

I'm planning on going, but I need to wait and make sure I'll be back from location (I work in the motion picture business) during the conference dates. I flew back east for last year's, it would be a damn shame (I live in Orange County, CA.)if I can't make this year's. I will be staying at the Bahia. SO will be staying at home.

Regards,

Michael
The San Diego BMWM Conference, October 23-25 is going to be enjoyed by the following Fools who are planning to come to share ideas,
tools and techniques in a resort setting on San Diego's Mission Bay:

BuildMWell
Duxx2001
JerryDK
jimbohoward69
JokingMe
kgav8r
litlat591
Longhornboy
mklein9
Perry
RGAnthony
Sabon
Sam-Awanabe
yoyotek

These folks are going to have the advantage of in-depth private discussions and great presentation sessions. I hope you won't miss out. Come join us!

We need just six more folks willing to commit so we reach the critical mass to secure those great rates at the hotel.

Please contact me now so we can get this done! Even if you can't make the deposit now, I want to hear from you!

-Ed
Ack! I forgot to include that IcyWolf creature! He's coming of course.

-Ed
No. of Recommendations: 3
Ack! I forgot to include that IcyWolf creature! He's coming of course.

And there I was, breathing a sigh of relief for a minute, that I wouldn't have to spend the conference in fear of quiet padding paws coming up behind me with a quick snarl at the last moment :-)

J/K Icy!

-Mike
<IcyWolf surveys the room of chatting drinking furless 2-leggers ... he unobstrusively slips under the table Ed is sitting at ... ever so slowly he lifts a hind leg and .... >

..... Ahhhhh ... now I feel better <lupine laugh> .... bet thats the last time THAT furless wonder forgets about this wolf <wink> ...

Take care,
IcyWolf - always in woodland camo
Just a "heads up". It is now just a few days more than three months to the BMWM Conference in San Diego. I understand many airlines have the best fares if you purchase more than 90 day out. If you have signed up or are "on the fence", now might be a good time decide and make a lower cost airline reservation!

Ed
OK, count me and the wife in. I'll be attending the conference, she'll be attending the beach, the zoo, dinners and whatever.

I figure I can use some airline miles but the real deal is that it is a tax write off. My focus is going to be on deciding if the time to slowly convert my IRA and ROTH accounts from sector specif mutual funds to stock specific selections.

How much is the deposit...?

MZ4 (hell, maybe I'll drive, it's only 12 hours or so.)
No. of Recommendations: 8
I'm glad to report that the San Diego BMWM Conference 2008 room rates are confirmed, and our contract is in place for the Conference. The basic room rate is as previously announced at $129 + tax/night. Details at http://bmwmethod.com/conference/notice-2008.php

Here is a peek at the venue:
http://www.bahiahotel.com/photoarchive/Web%20Images/Low-res/...
That's the Pacific Ocean on the left, Mission Bay on the right.

And the "private" beach:

This would be our conference room if we get enough sign-ups now:

Free weekend evening paddle-wheeler cruises on the Bay for guests:

And you will definitely extend your BMW Method understanding and confidence and meet many of the contributors to this TMF board!

We have arranged for a modestly sized block of rooms at this rate. If you have not already done so, please drop me an email and I will provide instructions to send your $125 deposit for your Conference reservation. If you have already made that deposit, room reservations can be made at 1-800-576-4229. Just mention you are with BMW Methods program for October 2008.

Cheers,
Ed
No. of Recommendations: 3
Nicely done Ed!

I'm already looking forward to the eating and drinking and chatting with folks I now consider old friends .... Oh, yea .. the CON will be fun too <lupine wink> ...

Actually, I'm a bit more motivated this year than last for the CON, because of the market conditions we face (and are likely to still be facing) ... I think it allows us (forces us <g>) to better understand and optimize our own versons of the BMWM least we just hop from one better opportunity to the next without developing the discipline or patience to recognize those truly fat pitches for what they are. Sometimes it can pay to NOT have ALL one's pennies in stocks, or at least thats what this reprobate of a flea bag thinks and feels ...

For instance, I think we started learning at a CON 2 years back that HOW & WHY a stock gets to Klein's Magic minus duo is probably only WAY more important than exactly what minus number its at. Maybe we're at a point to better analyze and discuss how to employ the expe3riences we've all had in that regard by now?

And LeftCoast Mike's presentation on option mis-pricing with respect to LEAPS and or synthetic positions ... a bit of a review of what market conditions favor and disfavor the approach might well prove even more profitable than before, if only in the sense of saving one's maybe worthless hide <wolven smirk>.

And then there are always the surprises ... Heck Vic's confirmation and elucidation of CF, especially how to use it so one can retire and spend a year traveling the world before even thinking about reality again ... magic ... even though Icy was touting CF years before that <mischevious grin> ... its just I was never able to formalize its use as clearly and effectively as Ponch was ... and he also probably qualifies as the first real BMWM "prof" (after BMW his self of course <g>) in his CON case study presentations replete with quizes ....

And to get introduced to market niches that one has never really thought of before, especially from folks who are modestly expert in them ... geesh ... just one such meeting and intro at a CON makes the whole experience worth it but we have several such folks and niches now represented ... everything from REITs, BDCs, shipping, Pharma, etc. etc. ...

<Ed, that enough yet to qualify for my "commission"? I'm gettin real tired of typing - LLOL >

Anyway, I do look forward to getting together with old friends AND meeting some new fresh mea ... er ahhhh ... I mean people <almost innocent wolven smile> ....

Take care,
IcyWolf
So how many fools are we now for the conference?

MZ4
MZ4: So how many fools are we now for the conference?,

Hi MZ4,

It was a busy weekend! Sorry for the delayed response. We are at 16, and continuing to receive inquiries and deposits. There are also Fools fooling with their calendar to make it work.

The hotel now has an online webpage exclusively for BMWM room reservations at our group rate:

https://shop.evanshotels.com/bmw1022b8.html

Cheers,
Ed
Advertisement