Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: davidbear Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 28  
Subject: confused??? Date: 12/18/1997 1:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I don't get it! This stock would seem to have very strong fundamentals and a long history of consistant earnings. Yet, on no news that I can find, the stock price has dropped below $15/share. Can someone explain what is happening other than the "asian flu."
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFBogey Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7 of 28
Subject: Re: confused??? Date: 12/18/1997 6:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
David asks:

I don't get it! This stock would seem to have very strong fundamentals and a long history of consistant earnings."

David, the thing to remember is that the optical measuring instrumentation that Zygo and IIVI provide are sold in large part to the semiconductor and disk drive industries. Zygo increases their revenue and earnings in tandem with production growth in those two industries. Obviously, the street is concerned about growth in drives and chips and Zygo is suffering as a result. While painful for existing shareholders right now, it presents an excellent opportunity once the cycle kicks in again. Zygo is one of those companies that will go along for the ride without having to worry too much about competitors whacking them around.

Be patient. Things will turn eventually, and when they do...

Bogey

Author: davidbear Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8 of 28
Subject: Re: confused??? Date: 12/23/1997 5:06 PM
Thanks for the observations. I bought the stock believing that optical measurement is so fundamental to so many industries that at $18/share it was a real long term bargain. I was perhaps overly distressed when the price went to $14. Again thanks for the reply.

David

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement