UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: cmaria1116 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75335  
Subject: Confused About Roth IRA Date: 4/13/2007 12:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Do you get the same IRS deduction for contributing to a Roth that you do for a traditional IRA? I thought that you only got the deduction for contributing to a traditional one, but after reading some other articles it seems like maybe you get it for both?

Thanks!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Dwnwthvwls One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56774 of 75335
Subject: Re: Confused About Roth IRA Date: 4/13/2007 12:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Roths are not deductible. However, you may get a tax credit if your income is low enough. Please refer to this

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=107686,00.html

Dwnwthvwls

Author: foolazis Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56775 of 75335
Subject: Re: Confused About Roth IRA Date: 4/13/2007 3:23 PM
Do you get the same IRS deduction for contributing to a Roth that you do for a traditional IRA?

No. Roth contributions are never deductible.

foolazis

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement