UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFSarahGen Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide Supernova Odyssey 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star Global Fool SN Explorer 1 Mission Team Member Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 77  
Subject: Congrats on recent SBUX purchase Date: 8/15/2012 10:14 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Nice one Joe!

I've just tracked down your board here and checked the heart. I think the whole concept is brilliant. And as we've seen SBUX rebound in the last few days and analysts upgrading it, I was thinking, "Joe was out first with that call". Good one.

We've had those debates about small cap vs large cap, or one sector vs another. But if it comes to stock picking rather than general ideas, I think there's no question that great performers often continue being great performers, and those that look 'on sale' can continue looking 'on sale' for a very long time.

I love the huge brand SBUX has - and they're using it to grow in new areas around the world. Cool.

Sarah
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Mliaom Big red star, 1000 posts Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8 of 77
Subject: Re: Congrats on recent SBUX purchase Date: 8/15/2012 2:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Hey! Sarah, I deserve a little credit too, I added right along with Joe. I will pat my self on the back since I had been waiting for over two years for an opportunity to add. :)

Now I have a full position. It feels really good to finally be done. So, now I can concentrate on others, such as WPRT, AMZN etc..

Nice one Joe! I second that, but the main culprit for SBUX in my portfolio has been and always will be Tom E. He is just that good.

Here is the toast to "Investing at better value points"

Tony(huge fan: SBUX)

Author: TMFSarahGen Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide Supernova Odyssey 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star Global Fool SN Explorer 1 Mission Team Member Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9 of 77
Subject: Re: Congrats on recent SBUX purchase Date: 8/15/2012 3:28 PM
Recommendations: 1
lol Ok Tony, you get credit too. :) And I'm sure your portfolio looks good because of it.

But Joe picked it in his Fool Real Money Portfolio: http://www.fool.com/specials/realmoneyports/real-money-portf...

And he wrote it up very publicly.

Joe's portfolio is interesting, because it has little activity but great results. Joe clearly knows what companies he wants and patiently waits for a great entry price.

Sarah

Author: Mliaom Big red star, 1000 posts Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10 of 77
Subject: Re: Congrats on recent SBUX purchase Date: 8/15/2012 3:41 PM
But Joe picked it in his Fool Real Money Portfolio Oh, I knew that.

Now compare that portfolio activity with this one..

http://www.fool.com/specials/realmoneyports/real-money-portf...

Look at all those moves. Jim is probably the smartest person on these boards, yet he has not done so well.

Just goes to show little activity, decent understand of underlying business, some luck and busy schedule is what is needed to be a successful investor. All those high tech degrees will only get you so far.

Gives me hope :)

Tony

Author: TMFTypeoh Big red star, 1000 posts Home Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11 of 77
Subject: Re: Congrats on recent SBUX purchase Date: 8/15/2012 9:04 PM
Sarah,

I totally agree with your post. I've really been focusing hard to shift all my investment dollars towards Tier 1 business, just like Joe is advocating.

I don't own SBUX yet, but its on my radar.

Joe needs to add ISRG to his (if he hasn't already...)

Brian
SA/RB Welcome Fool

Author: TMFGuardian Three stars, 500 posts Supernova Odyssey 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12 of 77
Subject: Re: Congrats on recent SBUX purchase Date: 8/23/2012 1:58 PM
Recommendations: 0
Thanks Sarah!

Sorry it took a while to get back to you; I was on vacation last week.

I've just tracked down your board here and checked the heart.

Awesome! That makes two of us ... LOL.

Thanks again,

Joe

Mission Team Member CAPS All Star SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13 of 77
Subject: Re: Congrats on recent SBUX purchase Date: 8/23/2012 2:37 PM
Hi Tony!

Congrats on your Starbucks purchase and on filling out your position. Westport is a really interesting company with the potential for massive growth if they can maintain their lead in natural gas engine technology, which is something Sarah and a lot of other great investors think is likely. I’m also glad you’re looking at Amazon; that’s a company I think investors can buy and hold for decades.

And as for Tom E, the man is a legend here at the Fool. And it’s a well-deserved honor.

Fool on!

Joe T

Mission Team Member CAPS All Star SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14 of 77
Subject: Re: Congrats on recent SBUX purchase Date: 8/23/2012 2:43 PM
Hi Brian!

I don't own SBUX yet, but it's on my radar. Joe needs to add ISRG to his (if he hasn't already...)

ISRG is definitely on my radar. It's been a long-term CAPS pick of mine, and since David Gardner has called it "the breaker of breakers," I can't help but take notice!

Thank for the suggestion, Brian. Keep 'em coming!

Joe T

Author: TMFTypeoh Big red star, 1000 posts Home Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 15 of 77
Subject: Re: Congrats on recent SBUX purchase Date: 8/23/2012 9:47 PM
CMG, SSW, BWLD, PNRA, SAM....

All teir 1 in my book :)

Brian
SA/rb welcome fool

Mission Team Member CAPS All Star SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16 of 77
Subject: Re: Congrats on recent SBUX purchase Date: 8/24/2012 12:25 PM
CMG, SSW, BWLD, PNRA, SAM....

All teir 1 in my book
:)

Ha! I love it. Those are some of my favorite businesses, and all except SSW (which I'm looking forward to researching) are on my watch list for Tier 1.

Thanks Brian!

Joe T

Author: Mliaom Big red star, 1000 posts Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19 of 77
Subject: Re: Congrats on recent SBUX purchase Date: 9/1/2012 12:48 PM
I've just tracked down your board here and checked the heart.

Awesome! That makes two of us ... LOL.

Me three! :)

Mission Team Member CAPS All Star SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23 of 77
Subject: Re: Congrats on recent SBUX purchase Date: 9/4/2012 5:37 PM
Sweet!

Thanks Tony!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement