Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: sarandy Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 73  
Subject: Congrats to Arlen Spector Date: 2/14/2001 12:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Dear Arlen:
Congratulations on picking up Billy Clinton, again. I can't imagine doing anything more constructive than trying to tar and feather him again. After all, the country must be far more interested in this "pardon thing" than in such mundane matters as Social Security, improving education and election reform. Why with your help and guidance, the country can forget about making any progress in these areas for some time to come. Yes indeed, Arlen, you really are a great tactition. I can tell from your appearance on the telly this morning that you really enjoy the spotlight. While you said you weren't interested in getting Billy Clinton, your eyes told a different story. The eyes never lie Arlen. But let's get back to those pesky election issues raised by Mr. Bush. I am certain they don't sit well with you or your friends. I am only surmising, but it's probably the reason you want to lead the country in a different direction. It appears to me you are following the path used when mules were one of this nation's major beasts of burden. First you had to hit him in the head to get their attention. Then you smack them in the rear-end to set the direction. From what I gather, you already have the press's attention. Now all you have to do is keep them moving on the latest Billy Clinton adventure.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

The Story Behind the Story
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement