No. of Recommendations: 21
I've been thinking about why my husband is looking into alternatives to our cable TV subscription. Yes, it's expensive but in all honesty we can afford it.

I think what really infuriates him is the uncertainty. One month we're paying $150. Next month you open the bill and they've cut 5 channels and randomly changed your bill to $180. They didn't tell you ahead of time they were going to cut the channels or raise the rate, and it's not like it matters how much time you spend in front of the TV. It just feels like they're randomly charging you more because they think they can. It IS random, because about half the time you can call them up, yell, and the bill goes back down again.

So there's only so much BS a man can take. It's not the money, it's the...disrespect.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement