UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: sprigster Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76384  
Subject: Contributions to a Roth Date: 3/10/1999 3:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
It has always been my understanding that an individual can contribute to a ROTH IRA even if they also contribute to an employee sponsored retirement plan (403 B in my case). A fellow employee informed me that this is not the case. I believe that I am correct, but a confirmation would be nice. Thanks, SPRIG.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9036 of 76384
Subject: Re: Contributions to a Roth Date: 3/10/1999 4:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Greetings, Sprig, and welcome. You wrote:

<<It has always been my understanding that an individual can contribute to a ROTH IRA even if they also contribute to an employee sponsored retirement plan (403 B in my case). A fellow employee informed me that this is not the case. I believe that I am correct, but a confirmation would be nice. >>

Consider it confirmed. You are correct and your co-worker is not. As long as you meet the AGI limits for doing so, you may contribute to a Roth. And even if you didn't, you could still contribute to a nondeductible IRA regardless of your income. For details, see the IRA discussion in my Foolish Retirement Plan Primer at http://www.fool.com/retirement .

Regards...Pixy

Author: TheOthermfa One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9153 of 76384
Subject: Re: Contributions to a Roth Date: 3/15/1999 5:03 PM
I am doing exactly that, and, I might add, showing an annualized return of slightly over 70% on the 403(b). I would love to say I'm doing better in my self-directed porfolios, but alas...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement