No. of Recommendations: 0
In 1998 I rolled a 401(k)into a mutual fund as a traditional IRA. I do not, nor plan to, contribute funds to this acct., as I have a new 401(k)/profit-sharing plan with my current employer. My plan is to just let this small amount of money ($1,400.00) grow until retirement. My question is this: Should I turn this into a Roth and take the tax hit on it now so that I can withdraw it tax-free at retirement? It seems that it would be the wat to go, but any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.