No. of Recommendations: 0
I saw a recent article by Suze Orman November 30 2006 where she indicated the ability to convert the traditional IRA account into the Roth IRA with the only taxable amounts being those of gains on the account. Her quote is as follows;

"A Can't-Miss Opportunity

Now that I have your attention, here's the deal: This past spring, Congress passed a new law that will make it possible for everyone -- regardless of income -- to convert their IRAs into a Roth IRA beginning in 2010".

I have been unable to find any other information about this as I was thinking doing this gradually by taking the tax hit over a period of years. If I can do this as a one time conversion, I would like to do so. Has anyone seen more detailed information about this change?
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.