Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: buy2win Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19222  
Subject: Convertibles Date: 8/1/2000 4:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Pixy,

I thought I'd add one more alternative. The use of Convertibles that provide income and Equity exposure in one instrument. I haven't read all your articles, but would you care to comment on the use of converts in the retirement portfolio ?

Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4676 of 19222
Subject: Re: Convertibles Date: 8/1/2000 4:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Buy2win asks:

<<The use of Convertibles that provide income and Equity exposure in one instrument. I haven't read all your articles, but would you care to comment on the use of converts in the retirement portfolio ?>>

I have no objection to them save I think greater equity appreciation is found in common stock. They can work, I just don't favor them myself for the reasons I stated in the column.

Regards..Pixy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement