Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
My daughter has about 20K in a 401-k from her former place of biz. I gather that the money can be removed from that particular entity and rolled somewhere. she wants me to invest the money which I agreed to do (while guaranteeing her no losses- how did I agree to that?). Anyway, I suggested moving to an internet brokerage and just giving me access to it.
Does anybody have any suggestions for:
1. Good online brokerage- Scottrade, USAA, etc.

2. Any particular caveats to moving one of these accts. or do the firms handle all the details as in moving a Roth IRA?

Will appreciate any input.
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.