UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tenworlds Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 63284  
Subject: Cool Date: 2/7/2007 1:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The top four posts on the 'Best Of' board are from here.
http://boards.fool.com/BestOf.asp

When I logged on earlier, there were (I think) eight posts from here on the 'Best Of'.

Lotsa traffic for a board that's less than a week old!

Rich
Print the post Back To Top
Author: cattleman22 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1070 of 63284
Subject: Re: Cool Date: 2/7/2007 1:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 20
{{The top four posts on the 'Best Of' board are from here.

When I logged on earlier, there were (I think) eight posts from here on the 'Best Of'.

Lotsa traffic for a board that's less than a week old!}}

And all 4 are about bashing conservatives in general or SP in particular. What a proud accomplishment for a retirement board.

c

Author: GusSmed Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1072 of 63284
Subject: Re: Cool Date: 2/7/2007 1:08 PM
Recommendations: 1
The top four posts on the 'Best Of' board are from here.

Yeah, but I kind of wish our Best Of posts weren't all, at root, political. I know it's unavoidable that the early days of this board are going to have a large helping of resentment toward RECF. Certainly I've done enough of it myself. But hopefully they'll stop poking us with sticks and we'll stop venting about it.

- Gus

Author: tenworlds Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1096 of 63284
Subject: Re: Cool Date: 2/7/2007 1:49 PM
Yeah, but I kind of wish our Best Of posts weren't all, at root, political. I know it's unavoidable that the early days of this board are going to have a large helping of resentment toward RECF. Certainly I've done enough of it myself. But hopefully they'll stop poking us with sticks and we'll stop venting about it.
- Gus

-----

It's not that often that purely 'financial' posts make the 'Best Of'.

But I agree. Hopefully it'll get better here.

Rich

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1159 of 63284
Subject: Re: Cool Date: 2/7/2007 2:50 PM
Recommendations: 3

large helping of resentment toward RECF.

resentment toward or resentment from?

-
.... haven't looked recently but yesterday, the RECF posts on Best-of were mainly complaining about this board.

Author: Goofyhoofy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1162 of 63284
Subject: Re: Cool Date: 2/7/2007 2:54 PM
Recommendations: 14
And all 4 are about bashing conservatives in general or SP in particular. What a proud accomplishment for a retirement board.

And that would be different from the Right Wing board how, again, exactly?

Go back a couple weeks and do a day-by-day search on the Best Of, and look for the REHP (or RECF, if you like) you'll find a daily dose of Conservatives bashing Liberals, and specific Liberal posters by name.

Why are so many posters from that board now over here? Too many turds in that sandbox?

Author: tenworlds Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1165 of 63284
Subject: Re: Cool Date: 2/7/2007 2:58 PM
-
.... haven't looked recently but yesterday, the RECF posts on Best-of were mainly complaining about this board.

-----

offspring of an incestuous intergroup relationship

Author: GusSmed Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1228 of 63284
Subject: Re: Cool Date: 2/7/2007 4:27 PM
Recommendations: 26
haven't looked recently but yesterday, the RECF posts on Best-of were mainly complaining about this board.

Yeah, I noticed that. I thought it was weird. They don't like us, and they complain about liberals annoying them with posts there, so when we go away, what do they do? They follow us.

- Gus

Author: jgc123 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1230 of 63284
Subject: Re: Cool Date: 2/7/2007 4:33 PM
"They don't like us, and they complain about liberals annoying them with posts there, so when we go away, what do they do? They follow us."

Yep. Like children screaming for attention. It really is strange.

Author: brewer12345 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1232 of 63284
Subject: Re: Cool Date: 2/7/2007 4:39 PM
Yeah, I noticed that. I thought it was weird. They don't like us, and they complain about liberals annoying them with posts there, so when we go away, what do they do? They follow us.

- Gus

No Yin without a Yang, eh?

Now how 'bout we stay more on topic and feed the trolls a little less?

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1235 of 63284
Subject: Re: Cool Date: 2/7/2007 4:54 PM

"They don't like us, and they complain about liberals annoying them with posts there, so when we go away, what do they do? They follow us."

Yep. Like children screaming for attention. It really is strange.

maybe not all that strange.

once upon a time, there was a little board called RE-1, where people talked about retiring in general and retiring-early in particular.

but there's only so much one can say about ANY topic before becoming repetitive .... so it became 'social/political' . ... as politics became more and more hateful (both sides really .. i consider myself well to the left and very hateful), a few extremists made anyone to the left of Cheney feel uncomfortable at RE-1 .... which leaves no one to challenge them and the 'moderate' 'conservatives' reinforced the extremists by rec'ing them onto Bestof, attracting 'extreme' 'liberals' ...thus fanning the flames and 'proving' that 'liberals' don't deserve to live, let alone retire early.

so now there's an RE-2 .... and if we don't let a few extremists drive away anyone to the left of Chomsky .... RE-1 will likely die. If RE-2 becomes a moderate, if left-leaning place to discuss retiring, even the moderate conservatives will leave RE-1. (thus i will TRY to temper my own hatefulness) Makes perfect sense they see this board as a threat.

=

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1298 of 63284
Subject: Re: Cool Date: 2/7/2007 8:48 PM
<<Why are so many posters from that board now over here? Too many turds in that sandbox? >>

Heh, heh! I see you are adapting your language to the local environment, Goofyhoofy. I'm surprised by that, but there are a lot of surprising things going on on this board.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: cattleman22 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1337 of 63284
Subject: Re: Cool Date: 2/8/2007 7:39 AM
{{Makes perfect sense they see this board as a threat.}}

It is strange that you see this board as a threat to REHP. I am certainly not here to wage war against a threat. I am here revelling in how so called "tolerant" liberals are trying to do everything in their power to censor and drive away posters who do not agree with their liberal group think.

c

Author: lizmonster Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1381 of 63284
Subject: Re: Cool Date: 2/8/2007 12:34 PM
Recommendations: 4
Wow. I just FA'd my first post.

Author: mapletree7 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1391 of 63284
Subject: Re: Cool Date: 2/8/2007 1:46 PM
And it worked! Congratulations!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement