Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: dgrayowen Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 71048  
Subject: Re: Camry timing belt Date: 10/15/2004 6:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Cooling is very important for a car. If the water pump is cheep enough (under $100 I would say) replace it at the same time. I have talked to people who have had their timing belts replaced and not done the water pump and it surprises me.

Here in Canada you will find GM selling things like the Chevy Sprint (or what ever Suzuki they sell now) and Suzuki selling the Swift which is basically the same car, Suzuki recommends the timing belt replaced at 100,000KM (62,500 miles). When I took my Sprint into GM with around 100,000 miles (160,000KM) they said they had no real schedule for timing belt changes at GM. I asked to have it replaced anyway and after they started the job they told me the belt was good looked like a previous owner recently changed it, they did not do the change and did not charge me.

Damage to the Engine can be done if the belt is not changed in some cases. Most 4 valve per cylinder engines will do damage and many 2 valve will just stop and leave you stranded.

Donald
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Beware Flood-Damaged Cars
Know what you are getting, don't get stuck with a Katrina victim. Check these links before you buy.
Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement