No. of Recommendations: 0
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe that there is any income test on conversions. I think the income limit only affects your eligibility to make an annual contribution ($3000 or $3500 if you are over 50).

For a conversion IRA requires 2 things

1) modified AGI for Roth purpose (didn't read the details but it's defined in pub 590) not greater than 100k and

2)not married filing separate

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.