UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: biosolidsboy Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1656  
Subject: Cost factors for municipal projects Date: 10/25/2002 4:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi all,
This is my first post to this board. I am attempting to put together some electronic cost templates for comparing the environmental costs (i.e., the Natural Capital and costs that would otherwise be subsidized by nature and tax payers) for technology and construction alternatives. My firm provides environment engineering services for municipal and private sector clients. My specific role often involves helping municipalities identify and choose between various infrastructure and treatment process options relating to water and wastewater system planning and design. Some of our clients are begining to ask about sustainable growth, sustainable development, etc. I find that although I have read much literature on the subject, I am often unable to offer anthing in the way of implementable decision tools. To this end, I think developing cost factors that I could then use to discount the less sustainable options and favor the more sustainable options is a good starting point. Taking an economics appoach will have the most chance of sucess because although most clients are concerned about sustainability, they may not actually select sustainaility unless it shows up in the bottom line as a savings. Does anyone no if there are others developing similar cost models and how to contact them? Thanks in advance.

Josh
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement