No. of Recommendations: 2
I invest regularly in Kellogg and used to in AT&T until I discovered that every time I sent money to Computershare for AT&T they took a fee. When I send money for Kellogg shares to Wells Fargo Investor Shares there is no additional cost, I guess Kellogg picks up any costs. Where as AT&T let's computer share stick you. I have never been all that impressed with Computershare and dealing with them anyway.

I also have encountered the fact that some companies namely OXY Petro won't even send you a statement until you get 50? or 100? (I forget) shares. So you have no clue where you are with them. Even when they pay a dividend they don't send a statement.

So lesson learned for me is check out what the managing company for the stock you are interested in charges and what their rules of engagement are.

Right now I send money for more K shares every payday, not a lot but some of that pay your self first rule of thumb. I have found it to be painless and have gathered up about 30 shares in the past couple of years and plan on keeping at it until I get around 100.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement