UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: citybeach Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75383  
Subject: Cost of Living in the SF Bay area Date: 5/28/1998 12:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Anyone know of where I can find the Cost of Living rate
for the Bay Area. Our employer keeps using the national rate and I believe that the Bay Area cost of living is a higher percentage than the national number.
Thank You!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3505 of 75383
Subject: Re: Cost of Living in the SF Bay area Date: 5/28/1998 5:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Greetings, Citybeach, and welcome.

<<Anyone know of where I can find the Cost of Living rate
for the Bay Area. Our employer keeps using the national rate and I believe that the Bay Area cost of living is a higher percentage than the national number.>>

You might try the Bureau of Labor Statistics. I believe they're at www.bls.gov , but I don't know for sure.

Regards....Pixy

Author: rem31138 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3507 of 75383
Subject: Re: Cost of Living in the SF Bay area Date: 5/28/1998 6:33 PM
I live in the SF Bay Area and work for the Fed. Gov. We are paid about 8% more than the "base pay" to adjust for the higher living costs. You should be able to get the information from here: http://stats.bls.gov/ro9home.htm

I can tell you housing prices are HIGH!
Ray

Author: ronsmom Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3509 of 75383
Subject: Re: Cost of Living in the SF Bay area Date: 5/28/1998 11:11 PM
Check out http://www.homefair.com. It has several calculators, one that compares cost of living between cities.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement