Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Could any of you kindly direct me to a site that explains how to pay projected taxes on a
aquarterly basis? My husband is working as a contractor and does not have money deducted for
taxes. I want to make sure we go about paying the taxes as we go along in the proper way.

The IRS has a publication 1040ES explaining this, and both Fool and Fairmark press have explanations. Actually you could read IRS Form 2210 and its instructions which says it all because that is the form you must either file or comply with its exceptions (referred to as "safe harbors").

There is one calculator available that will correctly compute the minimum quarterly installments required as you go along at . It is the only one that does not require you to estimate full year taxes/ Its instructions have a considerable amount of practical information regarding quarterly estimates as well as integrating it with withholding from a salary. ed

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.