UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Prowlermd Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1260  
Subject: Could I finance a newcar under my circumstances? Date: 8/22/2001 5:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My first time posting in this forum, hello everyone. I am a physician and got divorced last year (a topic for the divorce boards, hehe). Needless to say, I took it in the proverbial shorts financially. I took on all the marital debt (it was a LOT, including a mortgage) and agreed to a large alimony payment, mostly in order to get primary custody of my son. In that, it was worth it to me. However, I found myself temporarily unable to meet my credit obligations. I won't go into the details why, but I eventually settled on Chapter 7 BK to clear all that debt and give my son and myself a fresh start. I filed last Feb (2001) and was discharged in May.

Here is my question: I am going to need another car soon. The one I am driving now is paid for, but is on its last legs (or wheels). I am currently in the Army, but I am getting out next month and moving on to a new job as an anesthesiologist in another state where my income will triple. I'm not making a bad wage now, but it will triple in about 2 months time. Will I be able to finance a new car after my recent BK? Taking into consideration the circumstance that I will now be able to definitely make the payments on it and probably will actually pay off the loan within 6 months. My credit was excellent right up until the time I had to declare BK (my credit went from excellent to really bad in about 3 months time). All because of the divorce. Now that I am in a position that I could easily make payments on a new car, even recently after a BK, do you think a dealer would be willing to take a chance on me and finance a new car for me?
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Good Time for Dividend Champions?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement