Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: medgoddess Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121172  
Subject: Couldn't find the answer. Date: 2/12/2012 4:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Thanks in advance for any help.

I miscalculated 2011's taxes and will be getting a large (waaaay too large) refund. OTOH, better that than to miss the safe harbor.

2012 will be the first year that I am working as an independent contractor & therefore need to deal with taxes myself. I know that I need to do quarterly taxes. My question is can I use the refund as the 1st quarter's payment? Or am I going to have to take it as a refund and then turn around and send in my payment?

Kristi
Print the post Back To Top
Author: CABob Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115046 of 121172
Subject: Re: Couldn't find the answer. Date: 2/12/2012 5:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Look at line 75 on form 1040.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement