UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (47) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 740221  
Subject: Cracker Barrel Date: 8/18/2013 11:57 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I went to a Cracker Barrel for the first time to eat. A long time ago, Cracker Barrel used to discriminate against gay people and so I always crossed it off my list of places to eat. It was the only place I ever boycotted. On trips, I did use their restroom.

Anyway, an elderly friend of mine suggested we go there on Friday. I had called her on the spur of the moment to see if she was up to meeting and she was.

We both had grilled trout and veggies. It was delicious. When the check came my friend said why don't we split and she made the decision to add a 30% tip to the bill and instructed the cashier to split specific amount of tip. I still bristle at her making that decision for me, but I chose not to say anything....argh! 30% tip is steep to me, my usual for good service is 20%.

Next time, I'll be more vocal. She is 80 yrs old and sweet....maybe that's the problem. :)

LD
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (47) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement