UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: davro Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76418  
Subject: Creating an income stream Date: 4/20/2011 12:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Is there a discussion board that deals with creating a income flow from my portfolio instead of just building it. I'm about a year away from needing income from my portfolio. Thanks
Print the post Back To Top
Author: CABob Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 68925 of 76418
Subject: Re: Creating an income stream Date: 4/20/2011 1:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
A couple you might check would be:

Bonds and Fixed Income http://boards.fool.com/bonds-fixed-income-investments-100135...

Dividend Growth Investing http://boards.fool.com/dividend-growth-investing-116719.aspx...

Bob

Author: davro Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 68932 of 76418
Subject: Re: Creating an income stream Date: 4/22/2011 10:49 AM
Thanks Bob

Author: BruceCM Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 68945 of 76418
Subject: Re: Creating an income stream Date: 4/26/2011 3:10 PM
Recommendations: 2
I've been generating income from my investments since my retirement in 2000. I'm self taught and have learned from many mistakes I've made along the way. But in getting to where I am, I've also found that almost no one invests this way, at least to the extent this strategy is published or discussed on Internet forums.

The closest I've found is Seeking Alpha, although this is laced with lots of 'total return' discussions

http://seekingalpha.com/dashboard/investing_income

BruceM

Author: Philyogy Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 69156 of 76418
Subject: Re: Creating an income stream Date: 6/17/2011 11:56 PM
Check out a nice tax free div stock... Such as MFM... It is a Municipal Fund, that pays a steady (monthly) dividend of .04 a share.... Not much, but is tax free. So considering what taxes may be when you use the div as income, you can see that four cents a share, monthly, might come in handy. There are others, but MFM is the one I was told to check out, and as of six months ago, I've been building.. But check into this one, or some others similar.. This would be my way to go about it.. But everyone has a different strategy.. :)
Phil

Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 69157 of 76418
Subject: Re: Creating an income stream Date: 6/18/2011 12:57 AM
Recommendations: 2
Philyogy posts,

Check out a nice tax free div stock... Such as MFM... It is a Municipal Fund, that pays a steady (monthly) dividend of .04 a share.

The annual management fee on that fund is almost 1% of assets (0.96%) I think I'd look elsewhere for investment income.

https://www.mfs.com/wps/FileServerServlet?servletCommand=ser...

intercst

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement