UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (31) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ivorcherie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308881  
Subject: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/13/2008 10:26 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 79
Well fools, I couldn't stand it anymore. I clicked and clicked and okayed and Cherie is CREDII CARD debt free !! My e-fund took a hit, but since hubby worked MOST ALL MOTHERS DAY weekend (yes, very bothered so thought I should MAKE something of it). I don't feel physically well at all today, so having trouble putting the words of this post together, but please CELEBRATE with me! I think 1988 was the last time we were CC debt free ! WOW it's really been 20 years ?!?

Cherie ~
Print the post Back To Top
Author: GreatVintage1965 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272754 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/13/2008 10:28 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Eat your soup, drink your juice, take your vitamins, and SMILE! Congratulations!

Author: Gingko100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272756 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/13/2008 10:39 AM
Recommendations: 2
Wheeeeeeee!!!
Here's to 20 years more of completely debt free living...!

Author: dusty2004 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272757 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/13/2008 11:03 AM
Cherie:

Here is the next 80 years being Credit Card Debt Free! I just love it when someone posts these...

Dusty

{Cherie} Feel better soon...

Author: BklynBorn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272758 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/13/2008 11:11 AM
*ONLY* 20 years to get in and out of cc debt??

mazel tov!

step dancing to celebrate in The Center of the Universe!!!

bb

Author: mastiffmama Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272759 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/13/2008 11:31 AM
Congratulations!!!
mm

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272761 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/13/2008 12:13 PM
Wa-hoo!

Author: suburbancaroline Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272764 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/13/2008 1:03 PM
Congratulations! Job well done!

Author: debtfreein3years Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272765 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/13/2008 1:13 PM
Wow. Very nice. Congrats.
Free at last!

Author: yaszmin Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272766 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/13/2008 1:31 PM
Yay! Congratulations, Cherie!!!!!

Author: 6Bitsadollar Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272774 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/13/2008 3:02 PM
Recommendations: 5
Wow, that's great. I haven't been lurking/posting much recently--too much out of town travel and lots of paperwork--so I haven't had a chance to do any happy dances or cheers in awhile.

Anyway, we paid off all our credit cards in April 2007 and I remember how great it felt. Things have been better ever since.

Now for the cheer:

2 bits, 4 bits,
6 bits, a dollar.
All for Cherie
Stand up and holler!

Molly--hoping to hear lots of cheering and wishing she could still do some decent jumps

Author: tanaquil Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272778 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/13/2008 3:22 PM
Dancin' for you! Wow, and I thought my debt run was long (have had debt continuously since 1996, hoping to be out by next year, 2009).

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Author: DrBooa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272781 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/13/2008 3:45 PM
Hooray! Here's to a CC debt free life!

Dancing for you in SoCal!

--Booa (a teeny bit sad for the efund--build it up first, 'k? :-))

Author: 492dea Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272782 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/13/2008 3:56 PM
So happy for you, Cherie!

<happy dance> <happy dance> <happy dance>

peanutty

Author: buckmizer Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272783 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/13/2008 3:57 PM
Recommendations: 3
OMG!

I'm gone forever and then come back to this? Cherie, I was on your case how much about BT's and such? Honestly, I had given up on you.

I hope everyone realizes that this is not just a normal happy dance. Cherie, you really rock! Hope that you are feeling better to enjoy your freedom soon.

Wish I could use all the rec's that I haven't used for the last year on your post.

Fred
who's wondering if he has come back to a Bizarro World CC/CD board.

Author: TchrP Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272785 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/13/2008 4:15 PM
Recommendations: 17
wondering if he has come back to a Bizarro World CC/CD board.

While you were gone, everyone paid off their balances and closed all their credit-card accounts.

Today is the last day that the board will operate in its present form. Beginning tomorrow it will be devoted to exchanging recipes.

Author: greenvillewolf Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272786 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/13/2008 4:22 PM
Way to go!!!!!

Author: DrBooa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272789 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/13/2008 4:43 PM
FRED! Fred Fred Fred! Where you been, hoss?

--Booa

Author: shirehobbit Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272790 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/13/2008 4:56 PM
Recommendations: 1
I clicked and clicked and okayed and Cherie is CREDII CARD debt free !!

Whoo! Hoo! Cherie, your post certainly made my day! I am so happy for you and your DH! Welcome to the Other Side!

Cheers,

Shire (handing Cherie a cup of chicken soup with saltine crackers. The bubbly will come later when you're feeling better)

Author: Stevierayclapton One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272791 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/13/2008 4:59 PM
Wow wow wow!!!
Big congrats and a happy dance wish!
Way to go!
SRC

Author: ThyPeace Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272792 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/13/2008 6:22 PM
Congratulations!!!!!

And since I didn't recognize your new handle (I've been away for a while, working Way Too Many hours and planning my wedding) I clicked on it to check your profile. Ah ha! Someone I recognize.

And then I noticed, "Investing style: Get out of debt first"

and then I noticed, "Favorite vacation spot: No vacations until the debt is gone."

So I have to wonder............ how is that going to change, and how are you going to get to the point of figuring out what you want to change it to? What a MUCH MORE FUN couple of things to work on!!

Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272800 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/14/2008 4:46 AM
Congratulations, Cherie!!!

Vermonter

Author: ivorcherie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272806 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/14/2008 8:40 AM
Recommendations: 4
THANK YOU EVERYONE ! I just logged onto the credit card account and it does say 0.00.. its almost unbelievable, it's just NOT sinking in. Maybe it will the middle of next month when there is not a CC bill to pay and the money ( yes, Booa, for sure) can get back in the efund.

Fred ? You gave up on me.. didn't think I'd ever be free the low rate BT's were KEY in the payoff process.

Author: 6Bitsadollar Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272808 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/14/2008 9:14 AM
Recommendations: 6
I just logged onto the credit card account and it does say 0.00.. its almost unbelievable, it's just NOT sinking in. Maybe it will the middle of next month when there is not a CC bill to pay....

About this time last year we paid off the last of our debt which started when I had to go out of state for medical treatment in 2002.
It took me several months for it to really sink into my brain that we weren't carrying balances anymore. Also earlier this year, we received a notice that DD's full tuition scholarship had been expanded to cover room, board, and fees. Last year that had cost us $12k which we had paid monthly. It has taken me two months with no $1000 payment for that finally to sink in. In both cases, for awhile after the expense ended I felt sorta like I was in a dream state and it didn't really feel
real. The saying that a borrower is a slave to the lender is very true, and I think it takes awhile to feel really free of your debt "shackles."
It took me quite awhile to adjust when we paid off our mortgage as well.

Molly

Author: hrse Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272809 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/14/2008 10:21 AM
Recommendations: 5
I know I am a day early but here goes:

Cheese in the oven:

Ingredients:
1 slice of bread per child
2 slices of bread per adult
1 block of sharp cheddar (mild ok if only kids are eating)
1 jar of squeeze mustard

Slice cheese 1/8 to 1/4 inch slices.
* You need four slices per piece of bread.
Raise oven rack to about 4 inches from broiler.
Turn on oven at Broil Low.
On a baking sheet place the bread slices.
On each bread slice place slices of the cheddar.
Place baking sheet on top rack for about 4 min or until cheese just starts to bubble.
Remove cookie sheet from broiler
On each slice using the mustard write the child initial or draw a simple image (star, smiley face, Mona Lisa’s nose)

Allow cheese to cool slightly before serving to small children.

Recommended drinks: Iced tea or cool aid.

Advanced options: Slice of tomato (garden grown only!)

Mark

Author: buckmizer Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272810 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/14/2008 11:10 AM
"FRED! Fred Fred Fred! Where you been, hoss?"

Is that a crack on my weight? Couldn't you have said, "little joe"? : )

Life's been happening, both good and bad. I'm not going broke soon, but if things don't change who knows. Unfortunately, it has to do more with healthcare and marriage issues. Problems that can't be solved with just budgeting.

Fred

Author: DrBooa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272821 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/14/2008 1:39 PM
You'll be Little Joe to me from now on, promise.

{{{{{{{Fred}}}}}}}}

It's good to see you (well, see you post on here). I missed you. I'm sorry about the healthcare and marriage issues, it's always hard to deal with stuff that can't be triaged with a good budget, or other stuff mostly under your own control.

--Booa

Author: ivorcherie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272920 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/16/2008 3:45 PM
Recommendations: 13
Hey Fools I checked again today.. the balance is STILL 0 !

We are REALLY CC DEBT FREE.... FREEE.. FREEEEEE !!

Author: stockmuncher100 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272969 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/17/2008 1:33 PM
Hey Fools I checked again today.. the balance is STILL 0 !

We are REALLY CC DEBT FREE.... FREEE.. FREEEEEE !!

Yay. Can I borrow some money from you?

Author: 6Bitsadollar Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272970 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/17/2008 1:43 PM
<<<Hey Fools I checked again today.. the balance is STILL 0 !>>>>

And I bet you still feel as if you are walking on air!

Molly--

Author: ivorcherie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272978 of 308881
Subject: Re: CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE ~ DANCE Date: 5/17/2008 4:33 PM
Munch .... let me see ... ah.. NO but thanks for asking..

your response is EXACTLY why I won't tell the KIDS !

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (31) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement